New Delhi: In a shocking turn of events, a 24-year-old man who was arrested for raping and murdering a six-year-old made a chilling confession of sexual assaulting and murdering 15 other children since 2009.
Ravinder Kumar on Friday told the police that he used to lure children by offering chocolates and money and takes them to a isolated location and rapes and strangulates them to death. He would later dump them in the drains or buried them in the fields.
So far the police were able to establish six deaths involving Kumar. Two of them are from Begumpur and one each from Samaipur Badli, Mundka, Kanjhawala and Vijay Vihar.
Previous records of Kumar revealed that he was arrested for assaulting a minor boy in Begumpur where he was granted bail later.
“He abducted the boy near his house after luring him with money. He escaped after strangling the boy and slitting his throat, assuming that he the died. However, the child was saved as cops found him bleeding in the septic tank of an under-construction building in Begampur. Kumar was subsequently arrested. In the same year, he targeted a three-year-old girl in Samaipur Badli,” a senior police official told Times of India.
Kumar worked as a driver in Noida and Aligarh and is suspected of committing many other similar crimes in Badaun district as well.
Further interrogation made Kumar break down to tears and confessed of assaulting and murdering 16 children in total.
“We are verifying all his claims. The connected FIRs and families are being identified…,” Vikramjeet Singh, Deputy Commissioner of Police said.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
ROCKNSHOP : FREEDOM SALE
Groove with Abhishek Mantri at Sunday Poolside Brunch at The O Hotel
Comment on GST by Sanjay Phadke
Mahindra raises the bar with Innovative Technology offerings in its XUV500
Select a category
Play slots online with critic.net
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)