Pune: With an aim to pay the tribute to one of the iconic cartoonists of India, Late Mr R K Laxman, Mehta Publishing House and online book publisher Daily Hunt are jointly organizing ‘Best Cartoon’ contest. For this, entries are invited from cartoonists from all over Maharashtra. The theme is ‘Common man’.
The entries will be judged by renowned cartoonist Mr Mangesh Tendulkar and the winner will be given cash prize of Rs 10,000, certificate and memento. The last date to receive the entries is August 19. The cartoons shortlisted for the final selection process would be displayed in the book gallery of Mehta Publishing House. Also, these cartoons would get published in the monthly in-house journal of the company.
The award will be given away on August 21, 2015 at the hands of Mr Mangesh Tendulkar, Chancellor, Symbiosis International University Dr. SB Mujumdar and Mr Laxman’s wife Mrs Kamala Laxman. On the same occasion, Marathi translated version of ‘You Said It’ cartoon series by Late R K Laxman compiled in a book form would be released by the luminaries.
“Publishing the Marathi version of RK Laxman’s cartoon collections is an important step towards introducing the iconic cartoonist and his work to the non-English readers. This would help a larger section of the society to understand the ethos of ‘Common Man,” managing Director, Mehta Publishing House, Sunil Mehta said.
R. K. Laxman’s cartoons lived in the hearts of Indians for over 25 years. All the sharp wit and healthy irreverence which make readers every morning turn first to the cartoons instead of the headlines, gave the common man a voice. ‘You Said It’ brought out the travails of daily life, while reflecting the times gone by.
“The silent voice of the common man was after all, our voice. India’s most iconic cartoonist decided years ago to say it and how! He created his unique space, giving us our daily food for thought, in his typical cutting style. Beyond the black and white of life, he covered various shades of grey with his unique humour,” Mehta said.
Competition terms and conditions
1. Subject – Common Man – as You see him
2. Your cartoon should reach by post or by person Mehta Publishing House, 9, 1, 41, Sadashiv Peth, Baji Rao Road, in front of telephone exchange building, Madivale Colony, Pune – 411 030) or you can also mail your entry on- firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Figure should be drawn in A-4 size paper
4. You are allowed to use colors
5. The contestant has to bear the cost of sending the entry
6. Mehta Publishing House will not take any responsibility for loss of entry and any copyright issues regarding the entry.
7. The selection rights lie solely with Mehta Publishing House.
8. Judge’s decision will be final.
9. No age restriction for the competition
10. Last date to receive the entries August 19, 2015
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Mahindra to make an additional investment of over Rs. 500 crore for Electric Vehicles and Electric Vehicle Components in Chakan as part of expansion efforts
MFIs and SHGs play important role in poverty eradication: Shri Vijay Bhaskar, Addl. Chief Secretary, Karnataka Govt.
The Trump Effect on Gurgaon’s Luxury Housing Market
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)