Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister, Smt. Vasundhara Raje today dedicated a number of projects for the Jaipur Smart City on the occasion of the first anniversary of the Smart City Mission at Birla Auditorium in Jaipur. The Jaipur Smart City will be setup at a cost of Rs. 2500 crores.
The projects that she inaugurated today by pressing a computer button were : Rooftop Solar Power Plant; 14 Traditional Step Wells; Sawan Badhon Park at Ram Niwas Garden and Real Time Information Display System ‘Public Information System in Bus-Q-Shelter.
On the occasion the Chief Minister said that the day was not far when with the vision and the inspiration of the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, the city of Jaipur would rank number one in the Smart City Mission. She also said that under the ‘Swachh Bharat Mission’ too Rajasthan is ahead of other States. Bikaner has already become ‘Open Defecation Free’ (ODF) district in the State with as many as 7 other districts shortly to become ODF.
· Jaipur is selected as the first lighthouse city of South Asia catapulting it into an elite club with cities like Hamburg, Barcelona, and Adelaide. This initiative in partnership with CISCO has created I.T. enabled services, Wi-fi hotspots, installation of video surveillance cameras, interactive kiosks, remote e-governance solutions and parking management systems.
· Solar Power Plants (Grid Interactive Type) first phase was launched today. Few government buildings will be covered initially under this project.
· A project of restoration and rejuvenation of 14 Baoris (traditional step well) so as to develop additional sources of water, augment ground water table and preserve the heritage is being taken up at an estimated cost of Rs 4.37 crores contributed by JDA was also launched.
· The Ram Niwas garden has been renovated to restore its glory with an overall expenditure of Rs 9.7 crores by JDA. With an expenditure of Rs 3 crore a part of the garden – Sawan Badhon Park has been renovated and dedicated to the citizens of Jaipur today.
· A project of Real Time Information display system ‘Public Information System (PIS) in Bus-Q-Shelter (BQS)’ for providing live information to the commuters has also been started today. The project has been started in 10 different locations and it will be extended further to cover all the Bus-Q-Shelters.
· The government is keen to promote non-motorized transport in the city. Public Bike Sharing Scheme is being brought in Jaipur on PPP mode.
· Projects worth Rs. 42 crore are being implemented in Jaipur by JDA which shall provide smart solutions to the citizens. This includes completion of WIFI hot spots at 29 various public locations across the city, installations of Video Surveillance Cameras with analytic solutions at 20 places, installations of Virtual Interactive Kiosks at 4 places and Remote E-Governance solutions at 2 places, parking management at 4 locations at busy market places and malls with a total cost of Rs. 18 crores in first phase.
Announcements made today by Chief Minister:
1. Waste to Energy plant at Langariya is being set up at a cost of Rs 182 crore on PPP basis and this will help in scientific disposal of the solid waste of the city apart from generating electricity.
2. Procurement of 100 new city buses is being made at a cost of Rs 46.23 crores. This will add to the existing fleet of buses plying in the city.
3. An integrated Workshop Cum Bus Depot for JCRSL at Bagrana with modern amenities costing Rs 16.75 crore.
AREA BASED DEVELOPMENT
1. Sustainable Mobility Corridor- The estimated cost of the project is Rs 132 crore aims to provide Non-Motorized Transport facilities and provide safe road infrastructure for pedestrians, cyclist, differently abled citizens and motorist.
2. Heritage and Tourism – Adaptive reuse of heritage buildings – Jaleb Chowk, town hall & old police headquarters including development of open space for Govind Dev Ji temple.
3. Smart Civic Infrastructure:
o Waste water recycling & rain water harvesting for public buildings, monuments and parks.
o Efficient water Management using smart meters and automated online residual chlorine monitoring system.
o Smart toilets, smart collection of solid waste & citizen awareness campaign.
o Assured electricity supply with 15% from solar energy.
o Safety of citizens include video crime monitoring, incident alerts app, helpline & SOS mobile number, panic buttons.
o GIS based property inventory & online payment of property tax.
o Air quality & weather monitoring with an App.
o Entire area to be WiFi enabled.
o Mobile application to report street problems like traffic violations, solid waste issues, etc.
PAN CITY PROPOSAL
1. Smart multi-modal mobility:
o Open Standards based fare card / ticketing system.
o Jaipur multi modal public transit central operations & management center.
o Passenger information/ Journey planning.
2. Smart Solid Waste Management (SWM):
o Operations monitoring of street waste collection & cleaning.
o Fleet & asset management system.
o SWM operations management centre
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
From Living in a Chawl to Building a Global Business – Story of Sharfunnisa Shaikh
Tata Motors launches its most awaited lifestyle SUV – Tata NEXON – in Nepal
The ‘Ultimate Riding Machine’ now at attractive prices
HORIBA unveils ENDA – 5000 series in India for emission monitoring
Srei Infra Advisory partners UP Government to rejuvenate Agra as an iconic tourist-cum-holiday destination
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)