To increase happiness quotient for its subscribers, Tata Sky has had to traverse far and wide and install connections in extremely difficult circumstances. Over the last few years, it has installed boxes on an oil rig, in the Sunderbans and distant monasteries across the North-east.
One must remember that for a wire to be drawn to service these distant users by traditional cable providers – it will be uneconomical.
Tata Sky has helped set these connections much faster and cheaper for hard-to-access users.
Let us look at some of the unique and remote locations which have a Tata Sky connection:
1. Phugtal Monastery, Zanskar, Jammu & Kashmir: The residents of the 2500 year old Phugtal monastery in the Zanskar region of Jammu & Kashmir have always lived in the dark. However, all of that changed last year. At an altitude of 14000 feet, Anwar Hussain, Tata Sky’s highly motivated change maker took on the task of installing a Tata Sky connection at this extremely harsh location. This endearing challenge began in Leh wherein he endured the harshness of a cold desert till he reached Phugtal, a journey that will change the resident’s lives forever! Hussain’s journey from Leh to Phugtal Monastery was worth celebrating. An un-electrified location now has a Tata Sky connection bringing joy and happiness to residents.
2. Kupwara, Jammu & Kashmir: It required a marathon walk of 1.30hrs to reach the customer’s residence. The customer in question was highly dissatisfied with a rival DTH service operator. Furthermore, this region was surrounded by dense forests. There was no appropriate place for installation of DISH reflector because of slanted tin sheets roof. Tata Sky’s technician was able to install a foot mount on a wooden plank and peeking of signal was finally achieved.
3. Fortis Hospital, Chandigarh: Fortis Hospital in Mohali is one of the biggest MDU customers in CPM with 200 boxes installed within a single hospital compound. What made the task all the more difficult was that it resembled an actual surgical operation wherein Tata Sky was required to complete all the installation work ensuring no disturbance to the patients, doctors and simultaneously adhering to the hospital’s hygiene requirements. Specific late night hours were allocated to complete the task. Intensive care units, emergency wards and highly sensitive laboratories at the hospital are today equipped with Tata Sky connections. This installation was completed in a record time of 14 days, creating four trunk backbone in a widespread complex with five multistoried towers. Tata Sky wasn’t merely able to complete the task but the team also won hearts of the entire staff at Fortis – many of whom later opted for Tata Sky at their respective residences.
4. Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir: Srinagar was stuck with flood situation for almost 15 days. The entire city was in a chaotic situation and almost every basic item being sold at a high price, including milk, priced almost Rs. 100 for 1 litre. Electricity resumed in the area after a long while, however, the city’s cable connection was not functioning. Hence, a Tata Sky customer approached a dealer who assured him that the connection would be restored by that evening. However, the customer felt that was not possible as all communication lines in the city were shut. But to his surprise, the connection was restored on the same day. The customer was so delighted with the quick service provided that he even offered a tip to the dealer’s technician which was turned down. His own house was also affected, and yet the technician worked hard to pull this off for the customer.
5. Khardung-La Pass, Army Camp: Tata Sky has a connection installed at Khardungla pass Army Camp, which is situated at a height of 17,500 ft.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Cast of serial Ishq Subhan Allah & Producers Dheeraj Kumar, Zuby Kochar, Sunil Gupta of Creative Eye Ltd wished greetings of Eid to the entire nation
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)