BAGGAGE ADVISORY FOR GUESTS
CARRIAGE OF SMART LUGGAGE ONBOARD JET AIRWAYS FLIGHTS
In accordance with the regulations issued by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) towards ensuring flight safety, guests carrying Smart Bags* – also called Smart Luggage, onboard Jet Airways flights must follow the following safety-related procedures which will be effective January 15, 2018.
· Smart Luggage with non-removable batteries WILL NOT BE PERMITTED ONBOARD either as part of Cabin Baggage or Check-in baggage, on all Jet Airways flights.
· Guests checking in Smart Luggage MUST uninstall the batteries of their Smart Luggage prior to check-in. Post uninstallation, the batteries can be carried as spare batteries in Cabin baggage ONLY.
· Guests carrying Smart Luggage as Cabin baggage, MUST also uninstall the batteries from it and MUST carry them separately. The batteries can again be reinstalled in the baggage, upon disembarkation from the aircraft, at the destination.
· Removal of batteries from the Smart Luggage and to declare them to the airline’s check-in staff is the sole responsibility of the Guest.
· The liability of the airline and its staff is limited to the extent of only advising and guiding Guests to ensure compliance with the above procedures. The airline will accept no liability for damage/ malfunction of the Smart Luggage in any form due to un-installation and/or re-installation of the batteries.
For additional information, guests may refer to Jet Airways’ website at www.jetairways.com or call the airline’s Contact Centre at (City code)-39893333.
*As per IATA, “Smart Bags/ Smart Luggage” includes baggage with integrated lithium batteries, motors, power banks, GPS, GSM, Bluetooth, RFID or Wi-Fi technology, being marketed and sold to the traveling public.
Examples of such luggage include features such as:
· Lithium ion battery and motor allowing it to be used as a personal transportation device, either as a stand-up scooter, or sit on vehicle. These devices do not meet the criteria of a mobility device.
· Lithium ion battery power bank that allows charging of other electronic devices such as mobile phones, tablets and laptops.
· GPS tracking devices with or without GSM capability.
· Bluetooth, RFID and Wi-Fi capability.
· Electronic baggage tags.
· Electronic lock/s.
· Lithium ion battery, motor and tracking device (GPS) allowing the bag to self-propel and ‘follow’ the owner.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
LAND ROVER ADDS A DASH OF GLAMOUR TO THE RANGE ROVER EVOQUE WITH THE LANDMARK EDITION
Moshe Holtzberg’s first visit back to Nariman (Chabad) House
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)