MH370 probe: Malaysia to release interim report in March
Kuala Lumpur (Jan. 28, 2015): Malaysia will release an interim report on the investigation into the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 on March 7, a day before the first anniversary of the mysterious disappearance of the plane along with 239 people, including five Indians, on board.
Deputy Transport Minister Abdul Aziz Kaprawi said the country's Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) will release the report which will focus on the investigation only. There is no conclusion on the status of the plane as the search for the aircraft is still on.
"I cannot reveal the details of the interim report but it will be on the investigation that has been carried out so far in search of the missing plane," Aziz said.
"We have not concluded on the status of the plane, as the search is still on-going," he added.
The plane vanished over the Indian Ocean on March 8 last year with 239 passengers and crew aboard en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing in what remains one of history's great aviation mysteries.
Malaysian authorities said satellite data indicates the plane inexplicably detoured to the remote southern Indian Ocean, and "deliberate" on-board action was suspected.
But no firm evidence has turned up yet despite an ongoing Australian-led search of the supposed crash region.
Underwater search is still on in the 60,000 square kilometre priority area in the Southern Indian Ocean.