ALIMCO takes major technology leap signs MoU with Ottobock, Germany
New Delhi (Dec. 03, 2014): Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation of India (ALIMCO) signed an MoU with Ottobock, Germany in the presence of Union Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment Shri Thaawar Chand Gehlot here today. The MoU was signed by Shri D R Sarin, CMD, ALIMCO and Mr. Bernard O’Keeffe, Managing Director, Ottobock India.
• The MoU provides opportunity to ALIMCO and Ottobock to work together for producing affordable State- Of- Art lower limb prosthetic systems in India.
• The MoU will leads to Transfer of technology from Ottobock Germany to ALIMCO India for manufacturing new generation Lower limb prosthetic systems for PwDs in India.
• Technology Transfer will enable ALIMCO to produce and provide cost effective and affordable lower limbs prosthetic system to PwDs through its wide spread national network across the country.
• Production of technologically advanced prosthetic system will improve the independence and mobility of lower limbs amputees from all section of society in the country.
• This will help in fulfilling the dream of ‘Make In India’...
Also present during the occasion were Ms Stuti Kacker, Secretary, Department of Disability and Shri Awanish Kumar Awasthi, Joint Secretary, Department of Disability Affairs, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India.