Sony brings New Digital TV Tuner Module for Mobile Devices
The World’s Smallest Digital TV Tuner Module Boasting
High Performance and Low Power Consumption
Mumbai (Jan. 23, 2015): Sony announces the launch of its new Digital TV (DTV) Tuner Module designed for mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, automotive infotainment systems, navigation systems and PCs. The high performance DTV tuner module boasts the world's smallest size* and superior reception as well as extremely low power consumption, making it an optimal candidate for inclusion into mobile devices. The SMT-EW100 series is the DVB-T2 compatible module, especially designed to be incorporated in the mobile devices and is the first module from Sony specialized for mobile usage.
The tuner module supports various types of digital terrestrial TV broadcast systems, including DVB-T, DVB-T2, DVB-T2 Lite, ISDB-T and ISDB-Tmm. Sony India will offer, along with the SMT-EW100 series tuner module, the antenna, software and technical support as well. Provided with this total solution package, manufacturers of mobile devices will be able to easily incorporate a DTV feature into their products.
The new DTV module is being showcased at Convergence India Trade show at Pragati Maidan New Delhi from 21st to 23rd January. The shipment of SMT-EW100 will start in May 2015 and the price will be announced at the same time.
Key Features of the SMT-EW100 Series
· The world’s smallest size: 6.9 mm x 6.9 mm x 1.0 mm (incl. Filter, Crystal)
· Supports DVB-T, DVB-T2, DVB-T2 Lite, ISDB-T, ISDB-Tmm
· Low power consumption: under 200 mW
· Multi-Interface Data: TS, SPI, SDIO Control: I2C, SPI, SDIO
· Comes as part of a total solution package that includes the module, antenna, software, and technical support
· Supplied together with the Android driver package
- ASEAN & Middle East (DVB-T/T2)
- Europe (DVB-T/T2)
- Africa (DVB-T/T2)
- South America (ISDB-T)
- Japan (ISDB-T/Tmm)
Outline of the Total Solution Package Provided with the SMT-EW100 Series