Pune: An interesting curtain-raiser event was held on 5th August to announce the festival with a session titled “Mystery Woman : Sujata Massey”. Sujata Massey, a writer of 11 mystery and historical novels had an hour-long exciting and stimulating conversation with author Sudha Menon, in a. Sujata Massey spoke of her journey and inspirations as a writer and related some fascinating anecdotes.
PILF is the brainchild of Founder & Festival Director, Dr. Manjiri Prabhu, Pune-based noted author. Says a beaming Dr. Manjiri Prabhu, “We started this festival in 2013, and are delighted at the overwhelming response that we have been receiving from authors, writers, literary personalities and the people of Pune. The 3rd PILF Festival, with 50 plus exciting sessions, panel discussions, workshops, and book launches promises to be a fun-filled, enriching event and a creative hub for the thinking, imaginative and exploratory mind, and everyone can benefit from this unique opportunity. Entry is free and everyone is invited”.
Some of this year’s highlights:
· A section titled ‘Yours Truly’ –Separate sessions with Shashi Tharoor, Sudha Murthy, Ashok Chopra and others
· Book Launches – Launch of a book on Shammi Kapoor, another book on Mohammed Rafi, and a book written by Ronnie Screwvala (Dream With Your Eyes Open, being launched in Marathi, by Vishwakarma Publications)
· Panel Discussions with proposed well-known international and national authors and personalities like Piers Moore Ede (UK), Anand Neelakantan, Ashok Banker, Neil Hollander (France), Sunil Sethi, Satyajit Bhatkal, R. Raj Rao, Shanta Gokhale, Jerry Pinto, Francois Gautier, Kathryn Hummel (Australia), Katharina Ritter (Germany)
· Open Solo Session with famous fitness expert Rujuta Divekar
· Court Martial or Roast with noted author Ravi Subramaniam
· An Exhibition on Agatha Christie, the Queen of Crime in celebration of her 125th Birth Anniversary,
· Young Adult Workshops involving schools on Haiku and different genres of writing
· Adult Workshops in Ad Film making, Motivation and Inspiration. Ayurveda and Allopathy etc.
· A special story-writing workshop-cum-competition organized by iPop Media.
· Book Readings and Poetry sessions by eminent writers and Poets like Randhir Khare, Kala Ramesh and regional Poets like Salma and Mamta Sagar to name a few.
· Special sessions on translations and Marathi Literature.
Social Theme of the Festival:
In a bid to make the festival more meaningful, every year PILF plans to take an important social cause and highlight it during the festival so as to create awareness of the issue through the vast platform of PILF. This year, the social theme defining some of the panel discussions is Global Image of India – Every citizen should work towards upholding the core moral values of society, contribute to the social and environmental welfare of the country and be a global ambassador for India.
The entry to the three-day Festival is free and open to all. Only online registration is mandatory on our website: www.pilf.in
On-The-Spot Registration is also possible but not recommended, to avoid crowding at the entry point.
The Festival Schedule will soon be posted on the website (Please note that the schedule is almost confirmed but is subject to change due to unforeseen incidences at any moment.)
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)