1. Members of the US side’s Joint Working Group on Aircraft Carrier Technology Cooperation (JWGACTC), headed by Rear Admiral Thomas Moore, Program Executive Officer, Aircraft Carriers (United States Navy) visited India for the 2nd meeting of the Joint Working Group (JWG) from 15 to 18 Feb 16.
2. The delegation, accompanied by the representatives of the India Side of the JWGACTC, visited Shore Based Test Facility (SBTF) at Goa, Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) in Bengaluru and Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL), Kochi. The delegation also visited the Indigenous Aircraft Carrier being constructed at Kochi.
3. During the visit of the Joint Working Group to SBTF, Goa, a presentation was made by the Indian side on the functionality and operation of the facility. Operational demonstration of the SBTF was also provided. India’s indigenous capability of building and integrating various maritime weapons and sensors was showcased at BEL, Bengaluru. During the visit of the JWG to CSL, Kochi, the Indian Side presented the capabilities of the Yard along with work being undertaken on India’s first Indigenous Aircraft Carrier. A walk around of the under-construction Carrier was also conducted for the JWG members.
4. On 18 Feb 16, all the Indian and US Side members of the JWGACTC met at New Delhi for the concluding meeting co-chaired by VAdm GS Pabby, CWP&A and RADM Thomas J Moore, PEO, Carriers. During this meeting, various aspects of cooperation in the field of aircraft carrier technology were discussed. Discussions were also held on the Information Exchange Annex (IEA) and both Sides agreed to examine and finalize the IEA at the earliest, which would pave the ways for further exchange of information on aircraft carrier technology and future cooperation. The meeting was attended by members of the Joint Working Group and relevant representatives from IHQ MoD (N), DRDO, Ministry of Defence and Ministry of External Affairs, India.
5. The meeting was held in a cordial atmosphere and is a significant landmark in the ongoing cooperation between the two countries in the field of aircraft carrier technology.
6. Formal document elaborating issues discussed during the visit would be shared by the Indian Side by 26 Feb 16 for review and comments prior to releasing the final document at the earliest thereafter.
7. It was agreed that the 3rd JWGACTC would be held in the US at a convenient date to both Sides in end Jul/ early Aug, 2016.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Indian National Overseas Congress Celebrates 100th Birth Anniversary of Late Prime Minister – Smt. Indira Gandhi
FTC Halts the Deceptive Practices of Academic Journal Publishers
Gautam Banerjee Jewellery: Luxurious jewellery brand of 100% original, authentic designs
USAID Administrator Mark Green Travels To India
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)