The Prime Ministers of Pakistan and India met today on the sidelines of the SCO Summit in Ufa.The meeting was held in a cordial atmosphere.The two leaders exchanged views on issues of bilateral and regional interest.
They agreed that India and Pakistan have a collective responsibility to ensure peace and promote development.To do so, they are prepared to discuss all outstanding issues.
Both leaders condemned terrorism in all its forms and agreed to cooperate with each other to eliminate this menace from South Asia.
They also agreed on the following steps to be taken by the two sides:
1. A meeting in New Delhi between the two NSAs to discuss all issues connected to terrorism.
2. Early meetings of DG BSF and DG Pakistan Rangers followed by that of DGMOs.
3. Decision for release of fishermen in each other’s custody, along with their boats, within a period of 15 days.
4. Mechanism for facilitating religious tourism.
5. Both sides agreed to discuss ways and means to expedite the Mumbai case trial, including additional information like providing voice samples.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif reiterated his invitation to Prime Minister Modi to visit Pakistan for the SAARC Summit in 2016.Prime Minister Modi accepted the invitation.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Sign me up for the newsletter!
Lifestyle announces the biggest sale of the season
Bollywood in 2018: CNN-News18 Wraps-Up the Year with ‘The Bollywood Roundtables’ with Rajeev Masand
ETIHAD CARGO EXPANDS GLOBAL NETWORK WITH LAUNCH OF PASSENGER SERVICES TO BARCELONA
Pinkathon : 26 Women from between the age group of 30 years to 55 years will be running 160 kms
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)