The Prime Ministers of Pakistan and India met today on the sidelines of the SCO Summit in Ufa.The meeting was held in a cordial atmosphere.The two leaders exchanged views on issues of bilateral and regional interest.
They agreed that India and Pakistan have a collective responsibility to ensure peace and promote development.To do so, they are prepared to discuss all outstanding issues.
Both leaders condemned terrorism in all its forms and agreed to cooperate with each other to eliminate this menace from South Asia.
They also agreed on the following steps to be taken by the two sides:
1. A meeting in New Delhi between the two NSAs to discuss all issues connected to terrorism.
2. Early meetings of DG BSF and DG Pakistan Rangers followed by that of DGMOs.
3. Decision for release of fishermen in each other’s custody, along with their boats, within a period of 15 days.
4. Mechanism for facilitating religious tourism.
5. Both sides agreed to discuss ways and means to expedite the Mumbai case trial, including additional information like providing voice samples.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif reiterated his invitation to Prime Minister Modi to visit Pakistan for the SAARC Summit in 2016.Prime Minister Modi accepted the invitation.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
BMW Motorrad Mountain Safari
Thailand seeks to enhance economic cooperation with Maharashtra
Endorsing Make-in-India, Dr. Subhash Bhamre MoS for Defence Flags off range of Indigenously designed and built Defence Systems at L&T’s Talegaon Complex
Number of Indian Visitors to United States Continues on Positive Trajectory
Mercedes-Benz India launches the sportiest and most dynamic C-Class of all time
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)