Mumbai: The Tata group announces the establishment of a new office premises in Yangon, strengthening its presence in Myanmar. The office, set up by Tata International, will be a central hub for Tata companies and will further enhance and strengthen the Tata group’s engagement with stakeholders in Myanmar. It will facilitate growth of Tata companies in the region through furthering their existing capabilities and exploring new opportunities across sectors like agro, power, infrastructure, renewable energy, hospitality, tourism and consumer products.
The office was inaugurated by the Directors of Tata Sons, Mr. Ronen Sen and Mr. Vijay Singh. Also, present on the occasion were Mr. Harish Bhat, Member – Group Executive Council, Tata Sons, and Mr. Madhu Kannan, Member, Group Executive Council, and Group Head for Business Development and Public Affairs, Tata Sons.
At the inauguration, Mr. Madhu Kannan said, “With the establishment of this new office premises in Yangon, we hope to strengthen the Tata group’s presence in the market. Myanmar plays a significant role in a number of our group companies’ international portfolio, and we hope to be able to further capitalise on the potential opportunities present in the region.”
Tata companies present in Myanmar include:
· Tata International has positioned itself strongly in the region through trading of agro commodities like beans, pulses and imports of sugar and soybean along with fertilisers and steel products
· Tata Motors has a significant presence in the region through selling of commercial vehicles
· Jaguar Land Rover is building its brand and growing its business in the region
· Tata Power is actively exploring opportunities, especially in the renewable energy space
· The Titan Company has recently launched its watches in the market
· Tata Consultancy Services is selling IT solutions to securities firms traded on Yangon stock exchanges
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Bill and Melinda Gates to Host Second Annual Goalkeepers Event, Focusing on the Power of Youth to Drive Global Progress
The COO Dilemma: Building sustainable growth capacity in exponential times
Ramco Systems wins the Frost & Sullivan Best Practices Award for second year in a row
Tata Motors launches Tata Nexon in Sri Lanka
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)