Presenting some of the best menswear designers in the 3nd edition of `Van Heusen + GQ Fashion Nights’ – Arjun Khanna, Dhruv Kapoor, Gaurav Gupta, Raghavendra Rathore, Rajesh Pratap Singh, Sahil Aneja, Shantanu & Nikhil, and Ujjawal Dubey
To celebrate fashion, elegance and style, Van Heusen and GQ announce the 3rd edition of `Van Heusen + GQ Fashion Nights’, the most stylish platform to showcase the best menswear in the country. Slated to be held at Taj Land’s End, Mumbai on 11 & 12 November 2017, Van Heusen + GQ Fashion Nights 2017 will see renowned fashion designers Arjun Khanna, Dhruv Kapoor, Gaurav Gupta, Raghavendra Rathore, Rajesh Pratap Singh, Sahil Aneja, Shantanu & Nikhil, and Ujjawal Dubey present solo shows to celebrate menswear fashion in India. Van Heusen will showcase their special SS 2018 Collection at this 2-day event.
Commemorating the best of menswear in India, `Van Heusen + GQ Fashion Nights 2017’ will feature not just the best names in men’s fashion in the country, but also opinion leaders who have been setting examples with their individual sartorial choices.
Talking about what the 3rd edition has in store, Che Kurrien, Editor, GQ, said, “We have designers who are edgy and classic, established stars and icons, all coming together this year to showcase the Indian men’s fashion universe that’s exploding with energy, ideas, and vitality. This year’s designers’ collections will reflect a dynamic range of styles, sensibilities, and points of view – making this platform the leading showcase for the best menswear in India.”
Mr. Abhay Bahugune, Chief Operating Officer (COO) – Van Heusen, Aditya Birla Fashion and Lifestyle Ltd. commented, “Van Heusen + GQ Fashion Nights was launched in 2015 and has since then created a new milestone in the men’s fashion industry in the country. We aim to take the 3rd edition to new heights and set a new benchmark in the world of fashion and retail. Van Heusen will present its SS18 collection along with India’s most loved designers.”
Saikat Mitra- Design Head for Van Heusen said, “This year, the Van Heusen + GQ Fashion Nights 2017 will showcase the Van Heusen SS 2018 Collection including Power Greens and featuring the best of cottons, natural linens & fashion formals in fresh greens & cool mints for the confident wardrobe. There is also the Fashion Wedding Collection which celebrates special occasions with refined details on luxurious fabric blends, impeccably tailored with flamboyant patterns, intense hues & bold shapes for today’s men.”
Tony O’Connor, Creative Consultant for Van Heusen also added on the collection, “The colour green is going to be really big, and in trend, and when combined with modern tailoring and eclectic accents it makes an impeccable impact. Please watch out for a truly international collection.”
Elaborating on his association with this unique property, designer –
· Arjun Khanna said, “Van Heusen + GQ Fashion Nights 2017 is a great platform showcasing and focusing on fine menswear. I’m happy to be associated with this trendsetting platform and of course with Gentlemen’s Quarterly (GQ) which I’ve grown up reading and looking at since childhood.”
· Dhruv Kapoor added, “Our association with Van Heusen + GQ Fashion Nights remains unmatched. The offered platform pulls the best from all fields… from influencers to an ever-expanding clientele.”
· Gaurav Gupta commented, “Van Heusen + GQ Fashion Nights is the only serious men’s high fashion platform in this country. This is where new collections and ideas take birth and I’ve been looking forward to be able to do this together. I would not think of a better way for us to launch our menswear collection – a bespoke Made to Measure line in India. The collection is inspired by constellations, stars and space, and consists of very edgy, sexy and progressive tuxedos, asymmetric jackets. The starting point was from my best friend Navkirat Sodhi’s poem Shake your telescope so that the stars trickle in.”
· Raghavendra Rathore said, “GQ, the Bible of men’s true innate lifestyle, brings close to its precious cliques, those who essentially create the bravura of fashion, using their crafts and skills, season after season, for one reason – because Van Heusen + GQ Fashion Nights is about people and their influence over fashion!”
· Rajesh Pratap Singh further added, “I am happy to be back again at the finest men’s fashion event in the country. The collection I’m showcasing at Van Heusen + GQ Fashion Nights 2017 is all about a new direction in silhouettes and construction. The looks will be pure, modern and definitely from small town India.”
· Sahil Aneja added, “GQ is undoubtedly one of the best platforms for men who are fashion aficionados. I firmly believe an association with GQ will help me develop further, and expand my horizons as I compete in this ever-expanding, vibrant and exciting menswear industry. This collection is an amalgamation of street style and tailoring. Self-made printed fabric and text will play an important part of our collection. Surface designing will be noteworthy throughout. It has been inspired from today’s youth which comprises the modern man who has evolved and stepped out of the comfort zone into the broad fusion-led and dynamic international fashion world.”
· Shantanu & Nikhil commented, “This is our third straight showcase at the Van Heusen + GQ Fashion Nights. Needless to say, this is one men’s only event that we look forward to each year & gives us a whole new arena where storytelling & fashion come alive on a sartorial canvas.”
· Ujjawal Dubey concluded by saying, “It is exciting to be back at Van Heusen + GQ Fashion Nights this year. At Antar-Agni, we love GQ and believe that this is the best platform when it comes to men’s fashion. The collection I am going to be showcasing is called MEN OF METAL and it is about men who come from the land of struggle and the land lies within. The sheen of the metallic yarns is a proud portrayal complementing textured surfaces while the shades of deep greys and blacks add to the intensity.”
Van Heusen + GQ Fashion Nights 2017 will create a tailored platform for menswear fashion in the country, showcasing upcoming trends by ace designers.
Follow #VHXGQFashionNights updates on www.gqindia.com, and at @GQIndia on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. And @VanHeusenInd on Twitter.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
25th MTNL Perfect Health Mela 2018 to focus on the rise in antibiotic resistance
Next-Generation African Leaders Announced as Winners of the Resolution Social Venture Challenge
India a major player in Medical Tourism – Experts
Volkswagen India extends Service Support to Flood Affected Customers in Kerala
71 Years of Independence – Housing for All by 2022?
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)