Mumbai: Vodafone India, one of India’s leading telecommunication services provider, today announced the roll out of its next generation, high speed 4G network in prominent business and residential corridors of Mumbai across the Western Suburbs and South Mumbai in a phased manner. The roll-out will be completed across all parts of Mumbai including the Eastern suburbs & New Mumbai license areas by end March 2016.
Built on the efficient 1800 MHz band, this state-of-the-art network will enable Vodafone 4G customers to access internet via mobile with speeds across a range of smart devices including Mobile Wi-Fi & dongles. Vodafone 4G services can be readily accessed from 4G enabled handsets offered by leading smartphone manufacturers (iPhone, Samsung, Micromax, Microsoft, Lava and Xolo) available across the country.
Vodafone 4G will significantly enhance the mobile internet experience for customers with faster download/upload of videos and music, seamless video chats and will also facilitate greater ease in using their favorite apps. Customers will also adore features like high definition video streaming, mobile gaming and two-way video calling.
Vodafone’s 4G service in Mumbai is built on a strong fibre backhaul of 100G, and is supported by its superfast 3G services on a new and modern network. With this launch, Vodafone is now uniquely positioned to offer in Mumbai, 2G/3G/4G services on its own state of the art, convergent radio technology.
Leveraging its global network and experience, Vodafone is also the first and only telecom service provider to currently offer international roaming on 4G to its India customers visiting UK, Germany, Romania, Spain and Netherlands with many more countries to be launched in coming weeks.
Announcing the launch of Vodafone’s 4G service in Mumbai, Sunil Sood, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Vodafone India said, “We are delighted to launch our high-speed 4G services in Mumbai for our customers to experience the most advanced wireless broadband experience available across the globe today. 4G has the potential to revolutionize the mobile experience through powerful innovation that impacts how we work and live. Vodafone’s global expertise and experience of launching 4G across 19 countries gives us a better understanding of this technology and the needs of the 4G customer. Initial response from customers who have experienced our 4G services in Kerala, Karnataka, Kolkata and Delhi & NCR has been positive and encouraging. As a steadfast partner of Digital India, we remain focused on deploying multiple technologies –be it 2G, 3G and now 4G-for optimum use as each technology has its own vital role to play in servicing the myriad connectivity needs of consumers across the country.”
Completing the first phase of its 4G roll-out, Vodafone will be launching its services in Bengaluru on Feb 11, 2016. With this, Vodafone 4G services will be present in 5 circles of Kerala, Karnataka, Mumbai, Delhi & NCR and Kolkata, which today contribute to 30% of industry revenues and close to 50% of Vodafone India data revenues.
Speaking on the 4G proposition for Mumbai, Ishmeet Singh, Business Head–Mumbai Circle, Vodafone India, “Mumbai is a strong leadership market for Vodafone India with data contributing around 30% of total revenues. As the leading telecom service provider, our close to 9 million customers in Mumbai have a lot to look forward to and we are proud and delighted to launch 4G services in Mumbai. Beginning with key business and residential corridors across the Western suburbs and South Mumbai, we will soon expand our 4G services across the length and breadth of Mumbai in a phased manner by end March 2016. We will continue to pursue our customer centric strategy of catering to the evolving needs of retail and enterprise customers for better and smarter solutions for both voice and data. We invite our data savvy customers in Mumbai to make the most of the bonanza of special benefits being offered and enjoy the best mobile internet experience.”
Vodafone’s Mumbai customers have a bonanza of special benefits to enjoy the 4G experience seamlessly. This includes:
• FREE upgrade to 4G for customers along with high-speed 4G SIM
• 100% extra data for Vodafone 4G RED customers for 1 month, similar offer for prepaid customers to be announced shortly.
• Enjoy 3 months complimentary subscription to TV, Movies & Music on VODAFONE PLAY as part of your Vodafone 4G
• 100+ Live TV channels
• HOOQ, Asia’s biggest video-on-demand service, offers customers a diverse and expansive selection of over 35,000 hours of movies and TV series with hot favorites and award-winning series such as Ash vs. Evil Dead, Friends, Nikita, Fringe and awesome blockbusters, The Matrix, Spider-Man, The Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter.
• HUNGAMA PLAY, leading entertainment destination with over 7,500 movie titles
• VODAFONE MUSIC, stream your favorite music from over 1.2Mn songs
• Array of data packs ranging from a trial pack at Rs. 26 to a bonanza pack of 20GB
• 4G Mobile Wi-Fi that supports connectivity for up to 10 devices
Seamless customer experience
• Instant SIM swap at all Vodafone stores and select retail outlets
• Vodafone subscribers can also check if their SIM / Phone is 4G compatible by sending an SMS <4GCHECK> to 199
• Request for 4G SIM by calling the call centre or sending an SMS <4GSIM to 199>
• Door-step delivery of postpaid 4G SIMs next day itself(for requests received before 7:00pm the previous day)
Mumbai is a focus and significant growth market for Vodafone India. To cater to the growing volumes of customer usage increasing need for speed, the company invested over Rs. 1000 Cr in 2015 to expand, modernize and building a more technology and energy efficient network. In Mumbai, Vodafone has a large retail footprint with 208 exclusive Vodafone stores (56 large retail format and 152 Mini Stores) spread across prominent localities in the city, making it convenient for customers to access Vodafone’s products and services within their neighborhood.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Tulsi Gabbard’s 2017 Diwali Message
Bollywood Meets Hollywood: Indian American Artist Shines at US Film Festival
Diwali Gifting offer from Johnson & Johnson
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)