Rev. Dada J.P. Vaswani’s birthday celebrations start in Sadhu Vaswani Mission, Pune from 29th July to 2nd August – the day of his birthday. The celebrations are themed on ‘Lighting Lives with Love’.
Rev. Dada was born on August 2, 1918 and will be completing 98 years.
Says Rev. Dada J.P. Vaswani, “I am told that on August 2, I shall turn 98. And I say to myself: “Not I, but my body.” Age belongs to the body. As the Gita says: The body is only a garment which I have worn. I have put on and off innumerable bodies and learnt many lessons. In the body which I now wear, the important lesson I am trying to learn is that I am That which indwells the body. I am neither the body, nor the body-mind complex. To be able to do so, I must take note of the following: 1. My Home is not here. My Home is in Eternity. 2. I must be patient in the midst of difficulties and dangers of life. I must remind myself again and again. “This too, shall pass away.” 3. I must, every day, meditate on death, for death approaches us with each passing moment. 4. I must give the service of love to all. 5. I must seek fellowship with saints and holy men so that the tiny drop that I am, may become a mighty ocean, wide enough to hold within it a thousand oceans.”
Devotees across the globe will converge to Pune, from all over the world.
His birthday – August 2nd – is observed as the global forgiveness day, with 2PM designated as The Moment of Calm, a global forgiveness moment to forgive others collectively.
Celebrations highlights in Pune:
· 98-hour continuous group chanting of ‘Maha Mritunjaya Yagna Mahotsav’
· Dada-Mela – An elaborate fun-fair organized for orphans, the blind, the handicapped, the disabled,
· Talks by Dada J.P. Vaswani and Question and Answer interactions with him
· A Mega Play by the Bridge Builders, Youth Wing of the Sadhu Vaswani Mission
· A special performance by famed singer Mrs. Kajaal Chandiramani & forgiveness session led by Rev. Dada to observe The Moment of Calm – August 2 at 2 PM
Line-Up of Events:
· July 29, 2016 – 7.00am – ‘Maha Mritunjaya Yagna Mahotsav’ – a 98-hour long group chanting – commences on 29th July and will go on non-stop till August 2. Many accomplished singers from different organizations from Pune, Mumbai, Bangalore and other regions will lead the sessions.
· July 29, 2016 – 6.30pm – Antar Jyot – A blissful kirtan session. Performance by accomplished singers.
· July 30, 2016 – 6.30pm – ‘SOS… Save Our Souls’ A Mega Play in Hindi by directed by Dhananjay Bhawalekar of Motion Pictures followed by Rev. Dada J.P. Vaswani’s message.
· July 31, 2016 – 6.00pm – ‘Switch on the light’ a motivational talk by Rev. Dada J.P. Vaswani followed by Question & Answers session. The event will be hosted by famed TV Anchor Mini Menon, now the Co-founder and Editor, Indy Network.
· August 1, 2016 – 6.30pm – ‘Tamasoma Jyotir Gamaya’ – Premiere of a special Movie on Rev. Dada J.P. Vaswani.
· August 2, 2016 – Rev. Dada J.P. Vaswani’s birthday – A Forgiveness Day – the highlight will be performance by Mrs. Kajaal Chandiramani and the forgiveness session – The Moment of Calm – when Dada leads a special meditation with the congregation on forgiveness – at 2PM local time. He will be joined by thousands worldwide who will observe a moment of forgiveness individually at their local time of 2PM.
All events are free and open to the public.
The institutions of Sadhu Vaswani Mission are running special programs on this occasion. The Fabiani & Budhrani Heart Institute is organizing a special cardiac camp from 27th July to 2nd August with free Angiography for the first 100 General Ward needy patients, free cardiac consultation, free ECGs & concessions on cardiac investigations & packages for Angioplasty and bypass surgery. Patients can register at 020 66099977
Inlaks & Budhrani Hospital and Morbai Nariandas Budhrani Cancer Institute will be conducting free medical consultation camp from 27th July to 2nd August 2016 for all specialties with 50% concessions on all in-house investigations and surgeries in General Ward. Additionally, artificial limbs camps will be distributed on 2nd August.
Sadhu Vaswani Centers all over the world are also celebrating Rev. Dada’s birthday with special satsangs and sevas in the local communities and organizing Moment of Calm forgiveness sessions.
The major programs will be telecast LIVE on the Internet – via webcast on
Quotes by Dada J. P. Vaswani:
· If you want to be happy learn to forgive.
· The best giving is forgiving.
· Hearts at peace will create world peace.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Sign me up for the newsletter!
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Greaves Cotton Limited registers a remarkable growth of 33% in the CNG market with its new 400cc water-cooled engine despite the downturn in the Automotive markets
This Rakshabandhan, shower your sibling with the gift of good health
Hungama launches Shree Kaamdev Prasanna, a new Marathi original show, on Hungama Play
TV Sensation Hina Khan introduces The All-New Tide Ultra, takes the #TideUltraRapChallenge
9 outstanding last mile champions felicitated for their inspiring contribution towards community change at the Plan India Impact Awards 2019
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)