Different dance schools of the city come together to present ‘Dance Season’
Pune: The city of Pune has a huge number of young as well as experienced Dancers following different traditional Indian dance styles. This dance community has now gathered together under a single banner called ‘Shastriya Nritya Sanvardhan Sanstha’. The association has organized a 10-day mega event- ‘Dance Season’ which will present a beautiful blend of various dance styles.
Marking the World Dance Day, the Dance Season will start on April 20 which will present dance programmes, workshops, and seminars related to dance till April 30 at a different location in Pune. All these programmes are free and open to all.
Veteran Kathak Dancer and President of Shastriya Nritya Sanvardhan Sanstha, Shama Bhate, along with Veteran Bharatnaty
am Dancer Dr. Sucheta Bhide- Chapekar and Kathak Dancer Manisha Sathe, announced the programme of ‘Dance Season’ in a press conference today in the city. Rasika Gumaste, Secretary, Meghana Sabde, Jt. Secretary, Leena Ketkar, Manjiri Karulkar, Suchitra Date were present among the dignitaries.
Shama Bhate said that the objective behind establishing Shastriya Nrutya Samvardhan Sanstha is to introduce people to the beauty of Indian dance forms that are nurtured as glorious tradition. She said, ‘‘We have come together to work as a team to spread awareness about Indian dance forms as well as to create new connoisseurs of dance.’’
Dr. Sucheta Bhide- Chapekar pointed out that the city needs a good theatre space exclusively for dance programmes, and the organization will raise this demand with the authorities. ‘‘Dance should be considered as a special form of education. Dancers will be able to think dance differently and to come up with new and creative productions if they are encouraged by helping them to meet the expenses.’’, She said.
Manisha Sathe expressed that the Dance Season will be the first step of the organization in its journey to strengthen the dance environment in the city.
The schedule of Dance Season is as follows-
Saturday, April 20, 2019 :
1) ‘Nritya Sandhya’- A dance programme organized by ‘Nritya Prerana’ organization of Suchitra Date. Venue- Nritya Prerana Angan Manch, Mitra Mandal Colony, Parvati Paytha, Time- 5.00 pm
2) Book Reading – ‘My Life’ by Isadora Duncan, Translated by Rohini Bhate organized by Naad Roop Kathak Sanstha, Venue- Belvalkar Residency, Sarita Ornate, Sinhagad Road, Time- 7 pm
3) Essay Competition- ‘Why Do I Dance?’, Venue- Kamla Nehru Garden, Tathawade Garden, Chittaranjan Vatika, Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Garden (Hadapsar), P. L. Deshpande Garden, Time- 7.30 pm
4) Dance Workshop by Nrityanjali Nritya Sanstha of Vaishali Parasnis, Venue- Maharshi Karve Stree Shikshan Sanstha and Chandrakant Darode Primary School, Kothrud
5) Dance Programme- ‘Sant Vaani’ by Naad Roop Kathak Sanstha of Shama Bhate, Venue- Omkareshwar Temple, Time- 6.30 pm
Sunday, April 21, 2019 :
1) ‘Nrutya Upasan’- A dance programme organized by ‘Anugamini Nrityabharati’ organization of Amala Shekhar, Venue- Prarthana Samaj, Near Pasodya Vithoba Temple, Time- 4.00 pm
2) Discussion on ‘Margam’ by ‘Snehalalit Kala Kendra’ of Snehal Phatak-Kalamkar
Monday, April 22, 2019 :
1) ‘Nrutya Ranga’- A dance programme organized by ‘Shambhavi’s International School of Kathak’ of Tejasvini Sathe, Venue- Tathavade Garden, Near Rajaram Bridge, Time- 6.00 pm
2) ‘Avgha Ranga Ek Zhala’- A dance programme organized by 11 dance institutes, Venue- Nivara Old Age Home, Time- 4.00 pm
3) ‘Tridevi’- A dance programme organized by Janhavi Nritya Mandir, Nrityadiksha Kala Kendra and Pujyam Nrityalay, Venue- Annabhau Sathe Auditorium, Satara Road, Time- 6.00 pm
4) ‘Dance Workshop- ‘Kuchipudi Tarangam’ organized by ‘Nrityashala School of Bharatnatyam’, Venue- Nrityashala School of Bharatnatyam, Baner, Time- 4.30 pm
Tuesday, April 23, 2019 :
1) ‘Avgha Ranga Ek Zhala’- A dance programme organized by 11 dance institutes, Venue- Matoshri Old Age Home, Time- 4.00 pm
2) Workshop- ‘Olakh Nrutyachi’ organized by 11 dance institutes
Wednesday, April 24, 2019 :
1) Dance Workshop for the special children of Balshikshan Sanstha by ‘Shilpa Nrutyalay’, Time- 10 am
2) Workshop- ‘Guru Charanan’ and lecture by Dr. Madhuri Apte on ‘Dance style of Pt. Gopi Krishna’organized by Manasi Gado, Poorva Shah and Padmashri Joshi, Venue- Pragati Vidyalay, Sinhagad Road, Time- 5.30 pm
Thursday, April 25, 2019 :
1) ‘Sangat Sangoshti’- A programme organized by ‘Nrityavedh’ and ‘Infosys Foundation’, Venue- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Near Senapati Bapat Road, Time- 5.30 pm
Saturday, April 27, 2019 :
1) Dance workshop by Manasi Vaze & lecture by Ketki Kulkarni for Dance students and their parents, Venue-B-Square Hall, Dr. Ambedkar Chawk,Varje Naka, Time- 4 pm
2) Eloquence and Art competition about dance organized by ‘NaadRoop’ and ‘Kalayan’, Venue- Jyotsna Bhole Auditorium, Near Hirabaug, Time- 10 am
3) ‘Sangeet Parva- Umalte Kathak’- Dance programme organized by ‘Neelima Production’
4) Dance Quiz for students above ‘Madhyama’ and ‘Prathama’ organized by ‘Trimiti Group’, Venue- Gananjay Hall, Kothrud, Time- 6 pm
Sunday, April 28, 2019 :
1) ‘Naad Nritya Mahotsav’- Dance programme organized by Smita Mahajan and Snehal Kalamkar, Venue- Balshikshan Mandir Sabhagruha, Kothrud, Time- 10 am
Tuesday, April 30, 2019 :
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Sign me up for the newsletter!
InterraIT in collaboration with the District Administration, Gautam Buddh Nagar launches POSH Training Program
Burger King continues fast paced growth with the launch of its 200th restaurant
Brand Factory Opens Its 1st Fashion Discount Store in Thrissur
GLOBAL PREMIERE OF RENAULT TRIBER IN INDIA
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)