Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said the killing of a senior journalist was an attack on him and that he will recommend a CBI probe if the grieving family insisted.
Saying he was saddened by the murder of Rajdeo Ranjan, the chief minister told the media: “The killing of the journalist is an attack on me.”
He said he had full faith in Bihar Police and its investigation.
“We have not left any stone unturned. The investigation is being carried out with highest diligence. Those who committed this crime (will get the strictest punishment).”
Nitish Kumar said he told the police chief on Sunday night to meet the victim’s family and ask if they were satisfied with the action taken thus far.
“If they are not satisfied, we will ask for a CBI probe,” he added.
Nitish Kumar said: “I have said earlier too. Anyone can commit a crime. But the law has to take its own course.”
Ranjan, 46, the Siwan bureau chief of Hindustan, was shot dead at a busy market near the Station Road on Friday night.
Siwan Superintendent of Police Saurav Kumar Shah said nearly a dozen suspects, including Munshi Mian, had been detained in connection with the case.
According to police, Munshi Mian was detained from Pratappur, the village of jailed former MP Mohammad Shahabuddin.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Sign me up for the newsletter!
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
National Stock Exchange of India (NSE), India’s premier bourse launched Interest Rate Options on Government of India bonds
MTV Pantaloons Style Superstars Season 2 dials up Glamour and Style
Annual Day Celebration at VIBGYOR
LiL’Goodness and sCooMeal Announce $400k seed funding
Vietjet officially launches two direct routes linking New Delhi with Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)