“Restoring Landscapes: Private – Private – Design Initiatives”
Pune: The 3rd edition of the national level symposium, “Towards an Ecological Landscape”is taking place in the city on 21st-22ndof this month. The biennial 2-day event hosts dignitaries and participants from fields such as landscape architecture, ecology, environment, wildlife conservation, urban planning, history, archaeology, anthropology and sociology from all over the country. This year the 12 eminent speakers in addition to Pune are from Kamshet, Nashik, Thane, Bangalore, Mysore and Delhi.
This year speakers will be sharing their award-winning work on a wide range of topics ranging from community-driven scientific ecological restoration and designing with ecology in mind to changing socio-economic dynamics of Dhangars and grasslands and dragonflies and damselflies as small wonders in ecosystems. The first day will end with a plenary session that will be delivered by eminent Delhi based Landscape Architect, Akshay Kaul. On the second day the participants will be able to join one of three field workshops.
Day 1: (21st September 2019 (Saturday)- 9 am to 6 pm, followed by field visits/outdoor sessions on 22nd September 2019 (Sunday))
TEL-3 workshop will take place at BhanubenNanavati College of Architecture for Women, MaharshiKarveStreeShikshanSamstha, Karve Nagar, Pune. The organizers, Ms. Swati Sahasrabudhe and Mr. Peeyush Sekhsaria have appealed to enthusiasts, professionals, faculty and students of architecture, ecology, environment and allied domainsto participate in the program.
Below are the detailed schedules of the symposium on 21st and 22ndSept, 2019 (Saturday and Sunday)
1stDay – Seminars and plenary
01. SatheeshaCH(Junglescapes), Bangalore– Mysore/Bangalore):Community driven Traditional Ecological Knowledge (TEK) approach to scientific restoration
02. SailiPalande-Datar (Pune): Dhangars –Nomadic Pastoralists of Grassland landscape (Changing socio-economic dynamics & Challenges)
03. JuiPethe (Nashik): The conservation story of Anjaneri continues…
04. Astrid Rao + AnushreeChitnis (Kamshetand Thane): Native Place- Experiencing evolving ecology
05. ShilpaAvate, SymbiosisInternational University (Pune): Building Biodiversity awareness through initiatives in a designed campus
06. Lemnion Green Solution (Pune): Biological wastewater treatment and ecological restoration of water bodies in Pune
07. AnushreeChitnis (Thane): Ecological initiatives in landscape architecture projects
08. SonaliDahotre (Pune): Designing with ecology in mind
09. Manjiri Mahajan (Pune): Exploring possibilities of ecological design in urban greens
10. VarshaGavandi (Pune): New context old ecology
11. Dr.Pankaj Koparde (Pune): Know your Dragons – Odonta (Dragonflies and Damselflies) Biology, Behaviour and Conservation in Urban Landscape
12. AkshayKaul (New Delhi) : Plenary
2ndDay – Workshops (participants registered for day 1 can participate – seats are limited)
01. Landscape Restoration – Project Rahal, Panshet: KetakiGhate, ManasiKarandikar and team Oikos for Ecological Services (Full day workshop).
02. Jeevitnadiand Brownleaf– Aditi Deodhar
03. A walkthrough at the biodiversity campus of IndSearchBiodiversity Campus at Bavdhan: NachiketPatwardhan, Architect&KaustubhMoghe, Ecologist
Online registration is compulsory to participate in the INDOOR & OUTDDOR workshops and can be done at: https://forms.gle/t5FJg1E3g9WzfmSB6
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Copyright © 2014 - 2022 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)