- Clocks revenue for 12.6 Million Metric Tonnes in Q2 FY 21
- Business recovery nearing pre-C-19 times
- Records growth of 12.5% in Q2 FY 21 as compared to QI FY 21
- Growth was seen on account of pickup of economic activity in the Nation and particularly in the Steel, Power, and Mining Sectors
- Facilities enabling “Atmanirbhar Bharat” and “Make in India” objective
MUMBAI: Essar Ports, a leading private port infrastructure company, is pleased to announce that for the quarter ended September 30, 2020, it has recorded revenue of 12.6 million tonnes of cargo, up by 12.5 percent from the previous quarter ended June 30, 2020, overcoming the challenges posed due to the C-19 pandemic and led by growth in steel and power sectors.
For the six months ended September 30, 2020, the company has recorded revenue for 23.8 million tonnes of cargo, despite a slowdown in April as India introduced the biggest ever lockdown in the world to contain the spread of the deadly disease thus bringing normal functioning to a complete halt.
“We at Essar Ports are proud to be part of the country’s dream of emerging as a self-dependent nation. Our cargo handling performance is an example of how the country is waiting to bounce back on the growth trajectory and move forward. Our terminals have clocked revenue for cargo handling of 23.8 million tonnes for the six months with a growth of 12.5% in Q2 FY 21 as compared to Q1 FY 21. We are proud of our people and all other stakeholders to make this possible,” said Mr. Rajiv Agarwal, CEO & MD, Essar Ports Ltd.
Quantity in MMT
|QI FY 21||July 20||August 20||September 20||Q2 FY 21||Growth (%)|