Pune: In an exciting new development that shows how advanced technology can smoothen orthopedic surgeries, Dr. Neeraj Adkar, MD-owner of the city’s noted Saishree Hospitals recently used Exactech GPS Guided Personalized Surgery for a Joint replacement surgery.
The objective of the surgery was to showcase how The GPS system is a decided step up over the navigation currently in use, and the need of the hour.
Elaborating on the same, Dr. Neeraj Adkar, an eminent orthopedic surgeon pointed out its several merits. “You save on operative time; it is user friendly, precise and portable. It is thus a valuable and intelligent assistant to orthopedic surgeons,” he said.
The GPS at a glance
Guided Personalized Surgery is an advanced technology that provides surgeons with real-time visual guidance and alignment data in Joint replacement surgery.
• Personalized for surgeon preferences and patient indications, Exactech GPS is a powerful addition to the surgical team’s goals of achieving precision and accuracy through an efficient, cost-effective solution.
• Over 4,000 surgeries performed with the system till date. Widely used in the US
• Over 100 systems available worldwide (previously cited countries and Australia, Korea, Singapore, Japan)
• Personalized protocols: You decide the approach. GPS gets you there.
• GPS eliminates the need for costly pre-operative diagnostic imaging
• Simplified intra-operative adjustability
• Soft tissue management compatibility
A few unique points about the system:
– Active trackers
– In the sterile field so that the surgeon can touch and modify his approach during the operation
– Touch screen
– Much more transportable
– Smart instrumentation
– Developed partnering with Exactech (prosthesis and instruments experts) and Blue Ortho (navigation experts). Best of both worlds.
– Accuracy +/- 1mm
Advantages of GPS over navigation:
• No additional pins placement in bones.
• Fracture through pin holes avoided.
• No additional or extra skin incision required.
• Safe in osteoporotic bones.
• Quadriceps muscles fibrosis avoided.
• Portable and easy to transport.
• Less operative time.
• User friendly.
• More precise.
• Much smaller than other systems.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Sign me up for the newsletter!
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Pune based artist creates image of a Bamboo Pit Viper in rice field
Pune City’s biggest auto expo enthralls visitors
Stark Communications wins Agency of the Year Big Bang Awards 2019 organized by The Advertising Club Bangalore
“Accidental gunshot victim at bank, 6 pellets removed from Victim lady’s ankle at SaiShree Hospital”
Zerodha sees huge growth in Pune
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)