New Delhi: Harley-Davidson India today announced the launch of the New 2016 Sportster® 1200 Custom; the ultimate wide-shouldered cruiser, priced at INR. 8,90,000/- (Ex-showroom Delhi). A combination of the agility that comes with a Sportster model and the attitude of a custom cruiser, the 1200 Custom has plenty of shine to highlight its street brawling persona. The Sportster® 1200 Custom will be assembled at the company’s Bawal, Haryana facility thereby expanding Harley-Davidson India’s portfolio of CKD (Complete Knockdown) models to eight motorcycles and a total of 13 motorcycles.
Speaking at the launch, Vikram Pawah, Managing Director, Harley-Davidson India, said, “We are expanding our reach to fulfill more dreams of personal freedom and are here to promote the sport of leisure motorcycling. Harley-Davidson India has a strategic product plan to take its growth story to the next level.”
Pallavi Singh, Marketing Director, Harley-Davidson India added, “As a customer-led company, our focus has always been on delivering riders the technical prowess and rebellious spirit that they want infused in each and every new Harley. The introduction of 1200 Custom, our newest addition to our lineup available through CKD, is further proof of our ability to move ahead of the marketplace by listening to our customers in the India market.”
Model Unique Features:
· Black powder-coated engine with chrome treatment covers
· Steel laced wheels
· Fat front-end design
· Chrome headlamp bucket
· Chrome headlight eyebrow
· Stylized LED taillight
· Two-up custom seat
· Wide, polished triple clamps
· Pull-back handlebar
· Forward-mounted rider foot controls
· Integrated electrical system with trip switch, start switch
· Handlebar-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, low fuel warning light, low oil pressure light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights, gear indicator (1-5), and RPMs
· Hazard warning integrated into self-canceling turn signal controls
· Blade key ignition; fork lock common with ignition key
· Michelin® Scorcher® 31” tires designed specifically for Sportster models
· Closed loop exhaust system meets worldwide emission standards
· Rubber-mounted, Air-cooled, 1200 cc Evolution® engine
· Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) with O2 sensors
· 5-speed transmission
· Front suspension and geometry tuned for competent handling
· Confidence-inspiring braking performance
The newest Harley-Davidson motorcycle will be available at the Harley-Davidson dealerships starting today. Visit H-D.com to see all 2016 Harley-Davidson models and to find a local authorized Harley-Davidson dealer.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Sign me up for the newsletter!
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
7 Types of Jewellery That Every Party Goer Must Have
Project SU.RE hosts its first B2B workshop on Sustainable Fashion
Piaggio launches its new “Performance range” and becomes the first 3-wheeler manufacturer in India to upgrade its entire range to BSVI
Pune to host Supercross grand finale on Republic Day
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)