Pune: The Naukri Job Speak Index for the month of December 2015 for Pune was at 1991 indicating a 15% increase in the hiring activity compared to December 2014. Industry wise hiring sentiments looked promising with sectors like IT-Hardware, IT-Software and Telecom experiencing an increase in their hiring activities during the same time period. Accounting/Taxation saw a strong increase of 118% in their hiring activity in December 2015 over December 2014.
V. Suresh, Chief Sales Officer, Naukri.com said, “The job market continues to sustain the momentum gained over the past few quarters and is moving further north with a 15% YOY growth in Pune. This growth is primarily driven by hiring activity in sectors like IT (Software) & Healthcare. There is also an increased demand for professionals in ITES/BPO industry. Looks like this trend will continue and the year 2016 will be a year to cheer for jobseekers across sectors.”
Industry Sector Analysis:
· IT-Software and Hardware industries witnessed a Y-o-Y growth of 29% and 9% respectively in the December 2015 index
· Healthcare industry has registered a growth of 20%, whereas, Insurance recorded a decrease of 5% in December 2015 over December 2014
· Core sectors, such as Paper, Oil & Gas and Transportation, witnessed a dip in December 2015 over December 2014
Functional Area Analysis:
IT-Software sector saw a remarkable increase in the demand in the December 2015 index. Following that
· Demand for professionals in Marketing/Advertising/PR also recorded a Y-o-Y growth of 47% in the December 2015 index
· Demand for professionals in Pharma, BFSI and IT-Hardware also witnessed a Y-o-Y growth of 24% and 9% respectively in December 2015 over December 2014
· Demand for top management professionals grew by 48% Y-o-Y in December 2015
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Copyright © 2014 - 2021 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)