· Do apply sunscreen on your face and body before stepping out.
· It is always advised to wear sunglasses to avoid color to enter the eyes as it might cause cancer or temporary blindness.
· Apply coconut oil or olive oil on your whole body and hair. Make sure you use a generous amount on the hair.
· It is advisable to pre paint your nails with a dark color nail polish so that the color doesnt reach the nail bed easily.
· Use only natural colors and not dye colors which might have metals, acids, mica, glass powder and other harmful chemicals and alkalies
· Soak or stand under running water for at-least 10-15 mins to clean yourself
· Moisturise your body well post shower and follow the same skin and hair care regime at least for a week post holi
· Make sure you are gentle with your skin while taking shower and not scrub the skin too harshly.
· Use a homemade pack of milk and honey with lemon or milk and besan with sandalwood paste before using the shower gel
· For face, you can use a gentle oil based cleanser or honey with lemon and sandalwood.
· For hair, one can even go for a relaxing head oil massage or a hair spa
Inputs by: Garima Bhandari & Sugandh Jolly Co-Founder, Glo
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Sign me up for the newsletter!
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)