Pune results improve in NEET!
The results of the NEET 2017 exam were announced today . About 11.38 L students across India appeared for the NEET 2017 exam based on which admission to almost 65170 MBBS seats and 25730 BDS seats in almost 470 Medical colleges in India is given. The NEET exam is out of 720 marks out of which 360 marks is for Biology and 180 marks is for Physics and Chemistry each. A score of about 425 marks and above is required to secure admission in MBBS in a Govt. Medical College (GMC) whereas a score of 300 marks and above is sufficient to secure admission in BAMS, BHMS, Physio-therapy etc. courses.
About 18000 students from Pune appeared for NEET 2017 exam out of which it is estimated that about 400 students scored above 360 marks (50%) and about 75 students scored 500 marks and above.
3 students of IITian’s Prashikshan Kendra (IIT-P) have scored over 500 marks with twin sisters Sharayu & Vaishnavi Nipanikar scoring 619 marks (338/360 in Biology) with AIR 1391 and 593 marks (332/360 in Biology) with AIR 3530 respectively. Priya Singh scored 513 marks with AIR 21513. 8 students of IIT-P out of a group of 20 students scored 360+ marks.
“It is interesting to note the huge disparity of marks within Pune students. About 98% of Medical aspirants in Pune make the mistake of studying for NEET exam using MH-CET strategies and methods. Such students have not even scored 300 marks. However, the remaining 2% students who have studied sincerely for NEET by the correct method have scored from 300 – 691 marks in Pune. These results of Pune students in NEET 2017 is a wake-up call for future medical aspirants to adopt the conceptual cum logical method of NEET studies and move away from the rote learning methods of MH-CET”, says Durgesh C. Mangeshkar, Director of IIT-P
Both the twin sisters Sharayu & Vaishnavi Nipanikar have cracked the JEE MAINS exam, MHT-CET exam and Vaishnavi has secured a Rank in the JEE ADVANCED exam as well. Vaishnavi is perhaps the only student from Pune to have cracked the JEE ADVANCE and NEET exam both in First Attempt.
Pune results in NEET 2017 have shown a marked improvement. In NEET 2013 and NEET 2016, there were hardly 150 students who scored 360 marks and above. However, in NEET 2017, over 400 students from Pune are estimated to have scored 360 marks and above.
There was no NEET conducted in 2014 and 2015 when admissions to Medical colleges were based on MH-CET and AIPMT only. The Supreme Court of India made NEET as a Single National Entrance Exam for all 470 Medical colleges in India from 2017 onwards and hence the results analysis this year has lot of relevance for future Medical aspirants.
For more information, please contact 9371022807 / 9822921309
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Copyright © 2014 - 2021 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)