New Delhi: With Guidance and support from Indian Railways and Railway PSU “Rail India Technical and Economic Service” (RITES), “Institute of Rolling Stock Engineers” (IRSE) and “Indian Railways Service of Mechanical Engineers Association” (IRSMEA), are organizing an international technical conference on “ Rail Coach Interiors: Innovation, Safety, Comfort” at New Delhi on 09th and 10th October, 2015. China, Japan, Italy, Spain, Austria, England, Germany, France and Australia are likely to attend the conference.
Themes and sub-themes for the conference are as follows:
1. Ergonomic Rail Coach layouts and amenities
· Seating and Berthing systems
· Case studies: space optimization
· Paneling of walls, partitions and cellings
· Colour schemes: Interiors and Exteriors
· Flooring systems
2. Passenger Safety, Security and Accessibility systems
· Vestibules and gangways
· CCTV system for rail transport applications
· Provision of Automatic Entrance and Interior Doors
· Window systems
· Ladder arrangements for climbing on coaches and berths
· Signages on coaches
· Facilities for differently abled persons
3. Air-conditioning & train lighting system
· Air conditioning system, Ducting
· Modern Train lighting system
· Passenger information display system
4. Hygiene friendly coach toilets and amenities
· Coach toilets with optimized space and modern fittings
· Pest and Rodent control measures
· Dustbins and garbage storage and disposal system
5. Innovative materials for interior furnishing and coatings
· Light weight shell and furnishing materials
· Maintenance free/friendly furnishing materials
· Cost effective, aesthetically pleasing and safe materials
· Interior Noise and Dust reduction measures
6. Tourist, Service Coaches and equipments
· Luxury coach designs
· Pantry/Hot Buffet cars and equipments
· Water/Coffee vending machines
7. Financing models for interior upgradation of coaches
Indian Railways have a total fleet of 62000 coaches (approx.) running in around 12600 trains and carries over 25 million passengers daily. To meet growing expectations of the passengers for comfort and safety, there is need to upgrade interiors of Indian Railway (IR) coaches for better comfort and safety through use of innovative materials and designs. Majority fleet on Indian Railway coaches is non-air-conditioned which poses different challenges in their interior designs. These coaches traverse the length and breadth of the country with varying climatic conditions. This would require adaptation of proven products and technologies under IR operating conditions. New ideas and concepts also need to be tried out.
Research Designs and Standards Organisation (RDSO) is the R & D arm of Indian Railways located at Lucknow responsible for R and D works in all railway related disciplines and leads the process of technology induction. Working directly under Ministry of Railways, it is also responsible for standardization of all railway systems on Indian Railways.
RITES Ltd. is a Government of India Enterprise under the aegis of Indian Railways. An ISO 9001-2008 company, RITES is a multi-disciplinary consultancy organization in the field of transport, infrastructure and related technologies.
For more information about the conference website: www.ric.irse.co.in. can be referred.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Sign me up for the newsletter!
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Saurabh Salunkhe from Pune Tops Boys Merit List at AFMC MBBS 2019
Over $40 billion in Trade Deals, Participants From 55 Countries Expected at IATF2020, Says Afreximbank President
LPF Scholarship distribution ceremony 2019
Simran Singh Thapar appointed as Executive Chef at JW Marriott Mussoorie Walnut Grove Resort & Spa
TVS Motor Company launches India’s first Ethanol based motorcycle – TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi E100
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)