Pune: Back to Mother Earth—is more than a phrase. It is the need of the hour, given our complicated lifestyles that leave little room for concern for the environment—or even the simple pleasures allowed by nature.
To that end organiser Prithwe along with lead sponsorer Ishwar Parmar Group is bringing in the three day “Hands full of Earth” festival on April 17, 18 and 19 that promises to be a three day, organic fun-filled celebration to reconnect with, and rediscover Mother Nature (in all her glory) and rejoice with her. The event will be held at Pingle Farms, South Main Road, Koregaon Park between 9 am and 8 pm on all three days.
The three day celebration is a run up to the Earth Day celebrations that fall on April 22, an annual date that sees worldwide events held to demonstrate support for environmental protection. Though Earth Day was first celebrated in the US in 1970, it is now coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network and observed in over 192 countries each year.
The event is being sponsored by the real estate and construction group Ishwar Parmar Group that strongly believes in the values of nature friendly activities which add value add to the quality of your life, even as they urge you to think about your role and responsibility in protecting the natural heritage.
On her part, Ms. Darshana Parmar Jain, Deputy Managing Director of the Group stresses the point that supporting the event is more than just financial backing. “We are strong believers in the ideal that each one of us has something to contribute to this planet, and we faithfully adhere to this ideology as part of our Planet Policy. ‘Hands full of Earth’ is a robust and interactive platform to demonstrate our core values. We hope to involve our customers and our employees alike as part of our CSR. Thus, our involvement goes beyond sponsorship to include an active participation in this belief,” she says.
From the games to the dances, the walks and the music, and the organic produce on sale, each aspect of the itinerary aims to bring home to you the sheer joy and range of pleasures that show you how to be in sync with your surroundings. There are several workshops held by therapists and artists to bring forth the creative soul in participants.
Some of the chief attractions include:
• Earth walk: Walking barefoot on earth is part of an ancient healing modality called earthing. Experience the healing effect of walking bare foot on different elements of nature like mud, stone, cork, water, wood, marble etc that create a deep sense of well-being.
• Earth bio-walk:Taking a tour of the beautiful agriculture farm land, which is the venue of our event.
• Earth music: Enjoy live music blending native-to-earth sounds created from using different organic materials like bamboo, wood, leather, metal strings.
• Earth dances: Experience a deep connection with the earth through dance, where you and the earth become one. The experiential dance practices will give you insights into the active link we share with earth.
• Earth produce: Get to know how a holistic and organic method of crop and livestock production- protects the environment, minimizes soil degradation and erosion, decreases pollution, optimizes biological productivity and promotes a sound state of health.
• Earth art: Create art integrating nature elements and handmade artworks using earth materials. Try hands on a tribal art form, mud sculptures, mud walls, sand stenciling etc. Earth and work of art are inextricably linked.
• Earth sculptures :Liberate the artist in you creating natural sculptures using various earth materials like stone, mud, clay, marble, pottery etc. If you have a preconceived vision, take any natural material to represent your form and interpret it through your sculpture. The challenge is to bring out the inherent elemental aspects of nature in a new and different way and make them convey meaning.
• Earth games: Learn through playing earthy games and build eco-friendly values. Engage in playful activities of native earth games our ancient created using organic material like seeds, wood and stone. Have a blast going back in time and play our traditional earth games marbles, shell hunting, gilli-danda, Kabaddi, sagar gota, chirmiya etc.
• Earth store: Create livelihood for the local artisans and make a positive impact by spending on products that are eco-friendly, hand-crafted and organic.
To register with any of the ongoing workshops in the aforementioned categories, check out the website www. handsfullofearth.com
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Sign me up for the newsletter!
InterraIT in collaboration with the District Administration, Gautam Buddh Nagar launches POSH Training Program
Burger King continues fast paced growth with the launch of its 200th restaurant
Brand Factory Opens Its 1st Fashion Discount Store in Thrissur
GLOBAL PREMIERE OF RENAULT TRIBER IN INDIA
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)