Brisbane: Mahindra Automotive Australia Pty LTD (MAAPL), today announced the launch of the Automatic Transmission version of the New Age XUV500, a world class family SUV, in Australia. The Automatic Option will be available in 2 variants – W8 2WD and W8 AWD with prices starting from an attractive $31,900 for the W8 2WD variant. It will be available across Mahindra Australia Dealerships from May, 2016.
The 7 seater New Age XUV500 offers a 2nd generation 6-speed automatic transmission with an AWD option. The all new Automatic Transmission has been sourced from leading global supplier, AISIN, Japan. The new vehicle takes the driving experience to the next level with easy cruising on city roads as well as on challenging terrains.
Speaking at the launch, Pravin Shah, President & Chief Executive (Automotive), Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, “With its winning combination of aspirational styling, advanced technology, safety features, comfort and convenience, the XUV500 has created a niche for itself and has been a game changer in the premium SUV segment. In fact it has become one of the fastest selling SUVs to reach the 150,000 vehicles sales milestone in just 4 years. At Mahindra, it is our constant endeavor to offer advanced and accessible technologies to our customers. The XUV500 already has many technology firsts to its credit and now we have further pushed the boundaries with the introduction of the AISIN Automatic Transmission in the XUV500. I am sure that the XUV500 Automatic will be an instant hit with our customers in Australia.”
Mahesh Kaskar, National Manager of Mahindra Ag & Auto Australia added “The XUV 500 Automatic with its numerous features and competitive pricing, is a great package. We are confident that it will be well accepted in Australia and will be a game changer for Mahindra’s automotive operations in the country.”
The New Age XUV500 sports a sculpted exterior including a distinctive new front grille with chrome inserts, new static bending headlamps with stylish light guides, unique fog lamps with a chrome bezel, stylish new 43cm (17-inch) alloy wheels and rear chrome appliqué. The vehicles also offers customers an 18 cm (7-inch) touchscreen infotainment system with GPS, and premium new interiors, including plush leather seats.
Standard features include:
• 7 Leather Seats
• Reverse Camera with Dynamic Assist
• 7-inch Satellite Navigation System
• Bluetooth music / phone connectivity
• Class leading boot space of 702 litres
• Class leading braked tow capacity of 2.5 tons
• Torquey 2.2 litre Turbo Diesel Engine
• Excellent fuel economy
o 6.7L/100km* Manual
o 7.4L/100km* Automatic
o *FWD Variants ADR 81/02 Combined Cycle.
• 70 Litre fuel tank for 900 kms plus range
• 3 ISOFIX Child Restraints in 2nd row
• 12 Volt Power Charging Sockets & Air Conditioning in all 3 rows
• Cooled front row centre storage box
• Wireless Tyre pressure monitoring of all 5 tyres for Safety
• 8 interior LED lights & 10 interior cup holders for Convenience
• ESC with rollover mitigation
• ABS with electronic brake-force distribution
• Hill Hold and Hill Descent Control
• Projector headlights with static bending projection lamps and DRLs (Daylight Running LEDs)
• 6 colour options (Pearl White, Sunset Orange, Tuscan Red, Dolphin Grey, Moondust Silver, Volcano Black)
W8 2WD 6 Speed Manual $29,900
W8 AWD 6 Speed Manual $32,900
W8 2WD 6 Speed Automatic $31,900
W8 AWD 6 Speed Automatic $34,900
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Sign me up for the newsletter!
Fatty Liver: Know why it is known as a ‘silent killer’
Celebrity Vedic Astrologer Mr. Sagar Chug recognized with Star Achiever’s Award, 2019
Deutsche Post DHL Group’s Disaster Response Team ends first deployment in Africa having processed nearly 800 tonnes of cargo
Manage Diabetes in heat
92.7 BIG FM BENGALURU SENSITIZES THE LOCALS ON THE IMPORTANCE OF VOTING THROUGH A RAP SONG BY RJ PRADEEPAA
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)