Mumbai: The country’s largest luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz India today further strengthened its SUV segment with the launch of its luxurious compact SUV, the new GLA. After creating a mark for itself, the new GLA comes with an even more powerful appearance and host of new features. The new GLA is progressive and sportier with expressive design and revamped safety features to match the high standards of Mercedes-Benz. With the new GLA, Mercedes-Benz India is offering a versatile range of products aimed at a young, successful and dynamic customer base, which increasingly prefers a Mercedes-Benz. The new GLA was launched by Michael Jopp, Vice-President, Sales & Marketing, Mercedes-Benz India in Mumbai today.
Speaking on the occasion, Michael Jopp said, “Ever since its launch, the GLA has won several hearts and minds and remains a key product in our portfolio. The GLA is an artful delineation of an urban SUV that fulfils the needs and desires of the avid adventurer who likes to arrive in style, wherever they go. Be it on daily tarmac or those weekend getaways, the GLA promises to enthral every emotion. The GLA is positioned towards the new-generation customers who aspire to own a stylish and dynamic luxury SUV, which perfectly combines practicality with emotive driving experience. With the launch of the new GLA, we are confident of remaining the first choice for customers, who desire sporty designs, top-notch interiors coupled with class leading performance and uncompromised safety features.”
Mr. Jopp further added, “The GLA has been an outright winner in its segment as it carved a special place for itself, since its inception in 2014. We have received overwhelming feedback from customers and enthusiasts across markets. This compact luxury SUV is designed keeping in mind the varied Indian road conditions and subsequent customer expectations. It is by far one of our key volume sellers and we are confident that our customers will be bestowed by its unmatched beauty, capability and reliability. The top of the line GLA 220 d 4MATIC comes with permanent all-wheel drive system. All the four variants of the GLA will be locally produced in our state-of-the-art production facility in Chakan, Pune.”
· 4MATIC drivetrain in the GLA 220 d 4MATIC
· 7G Dual Clutch Transmission
· LED High Performance headlamps with fiber optics
· Crystal look LED tail lights with innovative reflector technology
· Front end design with substantial radiator grille
· New 18 Inch Alloy Wheel Design
· All New Colour Option – Canyon Beige
· Sail pattern trim in Sport variant; Black matrix-look trim in Style variant
· Central colour multifunction display – 11.4 cm screen diagonal
· Tube-look: Back plate with concentric rings and pointers in metallic silver and red needles with ECO display to encourage a fuel-efficient driving style
· Smartphone Integration package with Apple Carplay and Google Android Auto
· Ambient lighting in 12 different colours with 5 dimming levels
· The door sill panels in brushed stainless steel with their illuminated “Mercedes-Benz” lettering
Driver Assistance Systems and safety
In line with Mercedes-Benz tradition of making the safest cars, the GLA achieved the maximum 5 stars in Euro NCAP’s safety ratings. The GLA offers the maximum number of 6 airbags in the segment. During a collision, the airbags help to protect the head and torso of the driver and front passenger. In addition they stabilize the entire body. This can reduce the risk of severe injuries in an accident. Activation is suited to the severity of the impact.
Various Driver Assistance Systems, such as Hill start assist, ESP, ASR, BAS are standard on the GLA 220 d 4MATIC. They will support the driver by stabilizing the car on difficult, wet and slippery terrain. Additionally these assistance systems will monitor and optimize traction just as required.
Key Standard Safety features
· DSR – Downhill Speed Regulation – GLA 220d 4MATIC
· Attention Assist
· Dual front airbags, Front side airbags, Curtain airbags and driver kneebag (7 overall)
· Tyre pressure monitoring system
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Sign me up for the newsletter!
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Mercedes-Benz Introduces for the first time in India the iconic G-Class in its new guise- the G 350 d
Ride-hailing service Shopicab is commencing its operations in Pune
Aaseya appoints Adrian Bignall as Global Head of Sales & Customer Success
Business Leadership: A power talk for entrepreneurs
From Words to Screen Vikram Chandra & Anurag Kashyap in Conversation with Tipu Purukayastha
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)