Gurugram: Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) Pvt Ltd has broken all its previous sales records as more and more Indians are now buying Honda 2Wheeler at the onset of festive season.
Speaking on record sales in September and preparations for the festive season Mr Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice-President, Sales and Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “September was a historic month for Honda. The positivity in the economy led by 7th Central Pay Commission, One Rank One Pension (OROP) disbursements and favourable monsoon has translated to a robust return of demand in two-wheeler sector ahead of festivals. With total sales breaching 5.69 lac units in September’16, Honda is the volume driver of 2Wheeler industry in India!
Honda’s festive planning started 6 months back. By leveraging the 12 lac addition production bandwidth coming from 4th plant, Honda is for the first time ever ensuring ready availability of all its models including Activa throughout the festive season right up to its last mile rural network. Overall, led by festive buying, Honda is confident of a bumper October sales.”
ALL TIME HIGH total sales as India celebrates festivals with Honda:
Honda has broken its own monthly sales record of 4.92 lac sales (August’16) by over 75,000 units to close the blockbuster September at 5.69 lac unit sales. Honda 2Wheelers India total sales grew 32% to 569,011 units in September’16 compared to 430,724 units in Sept’15.
What’s most significant is that Honda is the undisputed growth driver and HIGHEST VOLUME GAINER of Indian 2Wheeler industry. In September, 2016; Honda added 138,287 units over its September, 2015 sales which is 100% more than its nearest competitor and Honda 2Wheelers alone added overwhelming 45% to the new volumes added in the industry.
Honda 2Wheeler continues its dream run as HIGHEST market share gainer of industry. In September’16, Honda became the only 2Wheeler Company in India to gain over 3% share gain in total industry (24% to 27%) and 2% market share in domestic market (27% to 29%).
ALL-TIME HIGH domestic sales @ 539,662 units:
In September’16, Honda’s domestic sales grew 31% to 539,662 units from 411,635 units in same month last year. Led by Activa – India’s No. 1 selling two-wheeler of 2016, Honda’s automatic scooter sales crossed 3.5 lac unit sales for first time and peaked at 355,655 units, recording a phenomenal 35% growth over 264,408 units sold in September 2015. Honda’s motorcycle sales grew an impressive 25% from 147,227 units in Sept’15 to 184,007 units in September 2016.
ALL-TIME HIGH exports @ 29,349 units:
With exports commencing from its 3rd plant in Narsapura (Karnataka) Honda 2Wheelers India recorded its highest ever monthly exports of 29,349 units in September’16 compared to 19,089 units last September. What is most significant is that Honda’s exports grew a phenomenal 54% in the face of -12% export industry de-growth.
First Half YTD sales:
Honda is the 2Wheeler industry’s No. 1 volume & market share gainer for the first half of FY’2016-17. A phenomenal 43% of the new industry volumes came only from Honda.
Honda’s total sales grew 24% (nearly double the 2W industry growth of 13%) from 2,272,129 units to 2,809,878 units during April to September 2016.
Highlights of festive preparations:
Spreading the festive cheer, Honda 2Wheelers India has announced various benefits to its valued customers till October 31, 2016. These include:
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Copyright © 2014 - 2022 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)