“In a major impact of the demonetization of Rs.500 and Rs.1,000 currency many e-commerce companies have temporarily discontinued COD. Wallet to bank transfer is showing a dip on 12%, clearly indicating that consumers are using the wallet more for transactions rather than bank transfer. Being a leading digital wallet player, Oxigen has broken all previous records in load money and transaction count in the past 1 week after the demonetization issue. The Oxigen wallet download and load value on Oxigen Wallet prepaid visa cards have increased by 4 times, while the daily registrations have increased by 120 times. There is rise in the daily average users also and it has increased by 167% which is clearly showing a trend that people are adopting new ways to make cashless transactions.
India’s first Non-Bank Mobile Wallet app Oxigen Wallet, which has over 25 Million users, launched Prepaid visa cards in February this year. An Oxigen wallet user can create make a Prepaid visa card on the fly using balance in wallet or by cash loading through its 200,000 retail touch points spread across India and pay for all online transactions thereby addressing a concern for COD transaction ban. This product allows consumers who do not have credit cards or wary of using their debit cards to make cashless transactions online. With these new developments, we foresee a further surge in adoption of Oxigen Wallet and Prepaid visa.
On a new found trend in digital transaction, money transfer accounts for 40% of the transactions on the wallet followed by recharges. Average ticket size on money transfers is upwards of Rs. 1500, recharges is Rs. 80 and the Bill payments is in the range of Rs. 450. Adoption of digital wallet among the various demography is also visible with 75% transactions on the wallet are urban transactions whole remaining 25% in the rural areas. Males are more active on the wallet in the age group from 25- 35 years.”
This data and trends are based on transaction through Oxigen wallet over 200000 Oxigen Services retail touch points and over 25million user base.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Sign me up for the newsletter!
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
HELO AND INDIA FILM PROJECT COME TOGETHER TO PROMOTE BUDDING FILMMAKERS THROUGH IFP’s CAMPUS CONNECT SEASON 2
Significant stress expected on mall operators’ cash flows in the near term; marginal impact on office space players: ICRA
Godrej Protekt commits 1 million handwashes for free distribution and reduces hand sanitizer price by 66% under #ProtektIndiaMovement
Dr Niranjan Hiranandani – President – ASSOCHAM and NAREDCO Shared his Perspective on the announcement made by the Finance Minister on the Regulatory Relaxations
New Journey, New Knowledge: 5 Ways To Keep Kids Learning While Traveling
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)