New York: Overseas Friends of BJP (OFBJP) and Telangana NRI BJP, meet Hon’ble Shri Arun Jaitley (Hon’ble Minister of Finance, Minister of Corporate Affairs and Minister of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India) on June 18, 2015.
Following points were discussed and presented:
1) Very strong base of OFBJP is emerging
a) Lakhs of NRIs coming together
b) Economically very strong and they are part of mainstream in their country
c) They still feel connected with India
– Last elections 2 signs emerged: Meritocracy prevailed over caste based and succession based politics
A new India wants to see meritocracy based leader and largest impact in last election was BJP Contribution + Youths + Modi’s
We lost 2 decades 70’s and 80’s…we grew only 2%
We are now growing by 7.3% but we can do much more. We need to grow in double digit for next decade
Rest of world is facing crisis and competing economies facing issues
3) What we did:
– Opened doors for Industry
– Liberal decentralization / more money to states
– lower rates of taxes so more investments
– More revenues for govt by auctioning coals/ spectrum and this extra revenue is being spent on world class infrastructure
4) What we need
– Both service and agricultural sectors should grow by 10%
5) Telangana NRI BJP
– Telangana NRI BJP gave the representation to Arun Jaitley ji.
A) Separate High Court for Telangana: Grant separate High Court for Telangana at the earliest
B) Pranahita Chevella: Declare Pranahita Chevella as national project and allocate funds in Union Budget 2016-2017
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Sign me up for the newsletter!
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
EXIM BANK OF INDIA TAPS NEW FUND SOURCE: AS A PILOT, RAISES US$ 50 MN, 3 YEAR TENOR SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE MEKONG REGION DEVELOPMENT BOND (SR BOND)
DPA continues its focus on “Real”, partners with Saffron Art for ‘Mapping the legacy of Indian Jewels’
EBRD appoints Soha El-Turky as Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
EBRD appoints Annemarie Straathof as Vice President, Risk and Compliance and Chief Risk Officer
Students put on spectacular show at Annual Day of Beacon High School
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)