Pune: Welcome to the Pune Racing Season 2015. We will enjoy the finest horse racing during the monsoon season over the next 3 months. The season will begin on July 23rd and shall close on October 25th. There would be around 27 race days in the season this year.
Racing in Pune is an engaging experience which is always much more than horse racing. Many elements of fun and excitement will unite week after week starting from 23rd July 2015, to make it a memorable experience.
The stakes including sweepstakes & performance incentive will be around 12.5/13 cr. RWITC continues to lead the way in attracting sponsorships and the coming season is no exception. The racing season has every week-end a sponsored / graded race, as has been the norm for the last several seasons. Close 18 sponsors are already on the board and few more are in the pipeline. The RWITC Ltd. remains most appreciative of its contributors and partners who add a special dimension to the sport.
The season will feature a number of million and Graded races for each category. Pune Season/s two Grade 1 races, remain the Pune Derby and the Indian St.Leger. Western India’s first classic for the new crop, the Pune Derby, will again be sponsored by M/s. Nanoli Stud and Agricultural Farms.
The Derby weekend will also feature the hugely popular Oktoberfest, thanks to the munificence of the Indo-German Chamber of Commerce and its associates, and is as big a draw as the Derby itself.
The Indian St.Leger, last of the Indian Classics, gives the season an added dimension. The Pune Racing Season also takes credit in having International sponsors; viz., Irish Thoroughbred Marketing, & Goffs, who are sponsoring races for the past several seasons.
The RWITC Ltd. continues to enhance facilities at the Pune Race Course. Some of them are mentioned below:
· The existing Stand adjacent to the Weighing Room and Paddock is being completely refurbished and air conditioned for use of Members / Owners.
· A small portion on the Second Deck of the Grand Stand Building is being enclosed and air conditioned for use of Owners.
· The existing Stand diagonally across the Weighing Room/Paddock is being refurbished / air conditioned for the use of Members / Owners on all Race Days.
· Additional seating arrangement is being provided for the General Public in the First Enclosure.
· The Inner sand track is completely refurbished from 2000 meters to 1000 meters anti-clockwise.
· A larger LED screen is being fixed across the track for better public viewing.
The entertainment at the Pune Turf Club House includes the Theater, Music & Food Festivals.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Sign me up for the newsletter!
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)