Minister of Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu had Ministerial and High-level consultations in Japan on 7, 8 & 9 September 2015. These included bilateral meetings with the Japanese Prime Minister Mr. Shinzo Abe, Deputy-Prime Minister & Finance Minister Mr. Taro Aso, Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) Mr. Yoichi Miyazawa, Minister of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, Mr. Akihiro Ohta and Health, Labour & Welfare Minister Mr. Yasuhisa Shiozaki and senior officials.
Shri Suresh Prabhu also held meetings with heads of leading financial institutions. He highlighted that railways would be the next major destination for infrastructure investment in India and invited investment from Japan. Participation of Japanese railways and Japanese companies in various areas of Indian railways with the aim of modernization and technology up-gradation was also emphasized in the discussions. The items discussed and agreed in principle in the above meetings included:
1. Technology Cooperation with Japan for modernization and upgradation of Indian railways.
2. Participation in Indian Railways’ $140 billion five-year action plan.
3. Participation and assistance of Japanese railways and companies in zero accident mission of Indian railways
4. An MOU between Research Designs & Standards Organization (RDSO), Lucknow and RTRI (Railway Technical Research Institute) Japan.
5. Assistance for development of a legal and regulatory framework on HSR.
6. Use of Japanese expertise and technology in solving problems of sanitation including the development of waterless, odorless toilets in trains and in stations.
7. An official mission from Japan to India to study the opportunities for industries in the railway station development of the identified 400 stations.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Sign me up for the newsletter!
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
What is Active and Passive investment?
30 STUDENT VOLUNTEERS TO BE FELICITATED AT THE 10th ANNUAL PRAMERICA SPIRIT OF COMMUNITY AWARDS
CREDAI Bengaluru joins hands with SBI; Announces Double Assurance Realty Expo on Feb 14-16, 2020
How The Bluechip Fund Help In Wealth Creation?
Chandra Bhagat Pharma Limited Three Hundred and Seventeenth Company to get listed on BSE SME Platform
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)