Chennai: Further to the board meeting on November 1, 2017, Ramco Systems (BSE – 532370, NSE – RAMCOSYS); a global enterprise software company focusing on enterprise cloud platform, products and services, announced the results for the second quarter of financial year 2017-18.
For the quarter ended Sep 30, 2017 (Q2: 2017-18), global consolidated income of Ramco Systems Limited stood at USD 18.34m (Rs 117.21 cr) as compared to USD 17.55 m (Rs 112.81 cr), in the previous quarter. The net profit after tax for the quarter stood at USD 1.01mn (Rs 6.53cr) as compared to a loss of USD 0.47mn (Rs 3.05cr) in the previous quarter.
· Revenue grows 5% QoQ in Q2
· Average deal size continues to rise with 11 ‘half-a-million dollar plus’ deals including a $5mn+ deal getting added in Q2
· Unexecuted order book grows 6% QoQ to 134 mn; Q2 order bookings stood at USD 25.3 mn
· While percentage of Cloud bookings came down QoQ, it is still at 57% on a YTD basis
· Revenue from markets outside India stood at 76%
· APAC had a stellar performance on both order booking and revenues
· Market penetration continues to increase with the setting up of subsidiaries in Vietnam and Indonesia. Ramco in Asia now has offices in 7 countries including Singapore, China, Malaysia, Hong Kong, and Philippines.
· New Zealand and Europe have shown promise with orders getting booked for HCM
· Focus offerings contribute 67% of overall order booking
o Ramco HCM clocks 49% increase in QoQ order booking adding 12 new clients, including 3 Fortune 500 companies
o The largest order in the quarter was booked in Logistics business
o Thrust on Innovation drives Ramco Aviation to deliver Blockchain use case in Aviation and Logistics
o Ramco Aviation launches ‘Line Anywhere’ for use by Mechanics at Airport Apron (Tarmac). Ramco also launched ‘Part Anywhere’, an hyperconnected B2B ecosystem to provide real time visibility of parts stock and price with supplier/OEM globally using REST APIs, all on the transaction screen
· After entering Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud Financials, Ramco becomes the only Asia based vendor to feature in both Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Cloud HCM and Forrester Wave™ for SaaS HRMS – a testament of the strong headway Ramco HCM is making in the Global market.
Commenting on the results, P.R. Venketrama Raja, Chairman, Ramco Systems, said, “The decision to focus on few key offerings was a tough one given that we had pockets of knowledge and experience across multiple segments. But, to stay focused and deliver outcomes, we decided to place our energies in a few select offerings which showed good market opportunity and strong capability. This strategic move has been well received with our overall bookings moving upwards, especially in our identified strength areas. This is an exciting phase for us.”
Commenting on the performance, Virender Aggarwal, CEO, Ramco Systems, said, “From Blockchain to Rest APIs; Chatbots to HoloLens, we have umpteen innovations that address the business pain points across HR, Logistics and Aviation segments. We take pride in the fact that these innovations are getting noticed and attracting global organizations to engage with us. It is important for us to remain ahead of the technical curve to enable digital transformation of our clients.”
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Sign me up for the newsletter!
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
7 Types of Jewellery That Every Party Goer Must Have
Project SU.RE hosts its first B2B workshop on Sustainable Fashion
Piaggio launches its new “Performance range” and becomes the first 3-wheeler manufacturer in India to upgrade its entire range to BSVI
Pune to host Supercross grand finale on Republic Day
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)