Mumbai: National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) is proud to announce that the issuance of RuPay Discover Global Cards have reached 25 million milestone. The alliance between NPCI and Discover Financial Services (DFS) was formed to increase the acceptance of RuPay worldwide. Banks began issuing RuPay Discover Global Cards in 2014.
Mr. Dilip Asbe, Chief Operating Officer of NPCI said, “The association with DFS is a prestigious one for us. We have achieved a milestone of empowering 25 million RuPay card holders to use the card globally in 185 countries and territories worldwide at over 40 million Point of Sale (PoS) terminals and over 1.9 million ATMs.”
Mr. David W. Nelms, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, DFS said, “We are proud of the progress we have made so far. Indians continue to increase their international travel, and Discover Global Network is excited to be part of the journey to help RuPay Global cardholders make purchases while traveling globally. We are committed to our partnership with NPCI and look forward to greater collaboration to support the growth of the Indian payments market.”
Leveraging the established interconnection between the two parties’ payment networks, the scope of this strategic partnership covers issuance of co-branded RuPay-Discover debit and credit international cards by NPCI member banks in India. The RuPay Global Debit and Credit cards are currently issued by 32 banks. They can be used for purchases at merchant locations and cash withdrawals outside India on the Discover Global Network. The Discover Global Network includes Discover Network, Diners Club International, PULSE and affiliated networks.
Currently, the RuPay Global Cards are issued in five variants namely, RuPay Global Classic Debit Card, RuPay Global Classic Credit Card, RuPay Platinum Debit Card, RuPay Platinum Credit Card and RuPay Select Credit Card.
Features of RuPay Discover Select Credit Card
· Targeted at the affluent segment, the card serves as a catalyst in living dreams unhindered and offers a lifestyle that is nothing less than lavish.
· Rewards a customer with unsurpassed entitlements including complimentary domestic and international lounge access to 500 plus lounges worldwide and 30 plus lounges in India.
· Offers exclusive 24X7 concierge services related to travel, dining and entertainment.
· Provides personal accident insurance cover worth Rs. 10 lakh.
Features of RuPay Discover Platinum Debit and Credit Card
· Targeted towards the youth of India who aspires for more.
· Amazing round the year cashback offers at restaurants, fuel stations and for utility bill payments.
· Presents a plethora of attractive offers and discounts that are valid on a wide network of online and offline merchants.
· Provides personal accident insurance cover worth Rs. 2 lakh.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Sign me up for the newsletter!
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
‘Good for Sports, Good for India’ – GamePlan 2020, India’s Annual Fantasy Sports Conference goes Virtual
With India Unlock 2.0, Honda 2Wheeler India retails nearly 3 lac units in June’20
CM Ashok Gehlot to ensure doing business gets easier in Rajasthan
The best of LaLiga players and clubs on social media
Your Solepreneur Branding Must-Haves
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)