Singapore: Sheraton Hotels & Resorts, part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide (NYSE: HOT), today announced the addition of five properties across Asia Pacific to Sheraton Grand, the brand’s new premier tier of hotels recognized for their enticing destinations, distinguished designs, and excellence in service and guest experiences. Joining other Sheraton Grand properties across the globe, the brand welcomes Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort, Sheraton Grand Xishuangbanna Hotel, Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Binjiang Hotel and Sheraton Grand Incheon Hotel to this new designation. Sheraton Grand is one of many initiatives currently underway for Sheraton 2020, a comprehensive plan designed to solidify Sheraton as a leading global hotel brand of choice, everywhere.
“As Starwood’s largest and most global brand, we look to continue our work to firmly keep Sheraton in the spotlight across the globe including Asia Pacific,” said Stephen Ho, President, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Asia Pacific. “The new designation of these properties as a Sheraton Grand is testament to the strength of the brand in Asia Pacific, synonymous with exceptional guest experiences and quality.”
A Grand Welcome
As part of the burgeoning network, these five properties continue to represent high-touch elements associated with the new elevated tier:
· Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast – the Gold Coast’s only upper-upscale beachfront resort, the resort recently underwent a multi-million dollar refurbishment incorporating a refreshed sleek and contemporary design; also comprising of the iconic Terraces Restaurant, home to the Gold Coast’s most famous seafood buffet.
· Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort – the resort combines traditional Chinese architecture alongside sleek and tasteful furnishing in soothing natural colours, offering landscape views of the signature gardens of Hangzhou. Each room also features a spacious balcony with providing panoramic views of the Xixi Wetland.
· Sheraton Grand Xishuangbanna Hotel – the first internationally-branded hotel with its own on-site hot springs, the property combines Dai architecture and modern, luxurious amenities, alongside four food & beverage venues and an outdoor wedding pavilion perfect for a destination wedding.
· Sheraton Hangzhou Binjiang Hotel – centrally located in the heart of the burgeoning Hangzhou Binjiang business district, guests can enjoy breathtaking views of Qiantang River and the stunning garden city skyline. The hotel has close to 20,000 square feet of function space and is also within easy access to tourist attractions rich in colorful Chinese roots in the city, as well as shopping and exhibition centers.
· Sheraton Grand Incheon Hotel – this multi-award winning hotel, including Asia’s Leading Green Hotel, is Korea’s first fully non-smoking, LEED-certified hotel overlooking Incheon’s Central Park or Songdo City; and features 6 distinguished food & beverage venues.
“We are excited to unveil these Sheraton properties in Asia Pacific with the Sheraton Grand designation,” said Vincent Ong, Senior Director, Brand Management, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Asia Pacific. “Building upon the brand’s strong resonance with travelers in the region, we expect many of Asia Pacific’s premier Sheraton hotels to achieve the Sheraton Grand designation, representing the best of the brand; and in line with our goal of welcoming 100 Sheraton Grand hotels across the globe by early 2017.”
Showcasing the Best of the Sheraton Brand around the World
Having launched in August 2015, Sheraton Grand celebrates the brand’s best-in-class hotels, each hand-selected based on a specific list of criteria ranging from sophisticated design and sought-after destinations, to unrivaled standards of service and impressive hotel amenities. Sheraton Grand properties to date include:
· Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel
· Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng Hotel
· Sheraton Grand Hotel Dubai
· Sheraton Grand Edinburgh Hotel
· Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort
· Sheraton Grande Ocean Resort
· Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit
· Sheraton Grande Taipei Hotel
· Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel
· Sheraton Grande Walkerhill
· Sheraton Grand Phoenix
· Sheraton Grand Chicago
A Clear Vision
Sheraton Grand is just one of many initiatives currently underway for Sheraton 2020, a comprehensive 10-point plan revealed in June 2015 designed to put Sheraton Hotels and Resorts firmly back into the global spotlight. A nod to the plan’s clear five year vision, Sheraton 2020 also includes a new $100 million Sheraton-focused marketing campaign; the launch of a new elevated food and beverage lobby program, Paired; continuous innovation of the Sheraton guest experience; an unwavering commitment to service excellence; the implementation of revenue and profit-driving initiatives to benefit owners and developers; and a goal of opening more than 150 new Sheraton hotels worldwide by 2020.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Sign me up for the newsletter!
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Coro delighted to be back as FC Goa start pre-season
Whirling Mandala – a workshop by Zia Nath
Canadian International School celebrates Onam with students & teachers from 40 different nationalities
Amway India’s ‘Power of 5’ program creates remarkable positive impact on the state of malnourished children
Mahindra partners with Salesforce to drive first of its kind digital transformation in customer experience
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)