Mumbai: The Tata group announces the establishment of a new office premises in Yangon, strengthening its presence in Myanmar. The office, set up by Tata International, will be a central hub for Tata companies and will further enhance and strengthen the Tata group’s engagement with stakeholders in Myanmar. It will facilitate growth of Tata companies in the region through furthering their existing capabilities and exploring new opportunities across sectors like agro, power, infrastructure, renewable energy, hospitality, tourism and consumer products.
The office was inaugurated by the Directors of Tata Sons, Mr. Ronen Sen and Mr. Vijay Singh. Also, present on the occasion were Mr. Harish Bhat, Member – Group Executive Council, Tata Sons, and Mr. Madhu Kannan, Member, Group Executive Council, and Group Head for Business Development and Public Affairs, Tata Sons.
At the inauguration, Mr. Madhu Kannan said, “With the establishment of this new office premises in Yangon, we hope to strengthen the Tata group’s presence in the market. Myanmar plays a significant role in a number of our group companies’ international portfolio, and we hope to be able to further capitalise on the potential opportunities present in the region.”
Tata companies present in Myanmar include:
· Tata International has positioned itself strongly in the region through trading of agro commodities like beans, pulses and imports of sugar and soybean along with fertilisers and steel products
· Tata Motors has a significant presence in the region through selling of commercial vehicles
· Jaguar Land Rover is building its brand and growing its business in the region
· Tata Power is actively exploring opportunities, especially in the renewable energy space
· The Titan Company has recently launched its watches in the market
· Tata Consultancy Services is selling IT solutions to securities firms traded on Yangon stock exchanges
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Sign me up for the newsletter!
Anantha Padmanaban (Chairman, GJC) – All India Gem & Jewellery Domestic Council (GJC)
Shri Radha Mohan Singh, Hon’ble Union Agriculture Minister, Govt. Of India To Inaugurate Mother Dairy’s First Milk Processing Plant In Eastern India
Celebrate 70th Republic Day At SMAAASH Cyber Hub & Mall Of India Noida
IRB Infra’s SPV First HAM project to commence construction soon
The 4th Edition Of ‘India Steel 2019’ Expo To Be Held On January 22-24 In Mumbai
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)