Mumbai: In keeping with its transformation journey, Tata Motors today announced its new IMPACT Design language for its upcoming passenger vehicles. With the recently unveiled ZICA as the first new product under this design language, the IMPACT Design forms the over-arching design brand which stands for ‘Immediate IMPACT at first sight. Lasting IMPACT over time.’
According to Mr. Mayank Pareek, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, “Today, the automakers are developing innovative technologies to cater to the needs of the new generation of customers. Design is among the key factors for car purchase decisions. Tata Motors recognizes this and presents IMPACT Design – as a key focus for the company’s passenger vehicle strategy. The new, youthful, energetic and bold character of the passenger vehicles by Tata Motors is sure to make a lasting impact on our customers and on the Indian roads.”
It is after keeping the media-saturated customer in mind that a new design language had to be created. Something that could break the clutter and reinvent the wheel every time it was applied. And thus, the IMPACT design philosophy was created.
IMPACT Design further distills the design elements that can be expected from all Tata Motors Passenger Vehicles. It will be achieved through key design elements on the Exterior and Interior.
The Exteriors design will be defined through ‘EXciting’, ‘EXpressive’ and ‘EXtraordinary’ features:
1. Exciting architecture and pleasing proportions will be standard e.g. best in segment size & location of the wheels, perfectly proportioned cabin to body ratio and hood to cabin relationship
2. Expressive surfaces and graphics e.g. front face framed by the Humanity Line; dynamism amplified by the Slingshot line; movement created by the Diamond Window
3. Extraordinary: Details inspired by Indian Architecture
The Interior of the vehicle will be defined through ‘INviting’, ‘INtelligent’ and ‘INtouch’ features.
1. Inviting interior architecture and proportions including Layered Cockpit Design; Driver Focussed layout; Outstanding Textures, Fabrics and Materials
2. Intelligent Cabin Layout with clever storage spaces, surprise and delight features. All displays, commands and controls will be within easy and intuitive reach
3. Intouch and connected to the world inside and outside the vehicle
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Sign me up for the newsletter!
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
3rd Bharat Diamond Week all set for flying start!
The Ultimate Internet Safety Guide for Seniors
CARLSBERG GROUP GIVES LATEST GREEN FIBRE BOTTLE UPDATE
The Ferrero Group unveils new packaging goal as it releases its 10th Corporate Social Responsibility Report
Deepika Padukone opens up in a candid conversation with Rajeev Masand and Anupama Chopra
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)