Mumbai: Tata Motors continued to witness strong year-on-year growth in certain key segments in October 2015, with passenger cars (excluding UV’s), M&HCV and Exports, growing by 15%, 20% and 13%, respectively. Total sale of Tata Motors passenger and commercial vehicles (including exports) were at 43,486 vehicles, higher by 1%, over 42,862 vehicles, sold in October 2014. The domestic sale of Tata commercial and passenger vehicles for October 2015 were at 38,917 nos., remained flat, over vehicles sold in October 2014.
Cumulative sales (including exports) for the fiscal at 286,055 nos., higher by 2% over 279,532 vehicles, sold last year.
In October 2015, Tata Motors passenger vehicles recorded a year-on-year growth of 11%, with sales of 12,798 nos., compared to 11,511 nos.
The growth trend was driven by the cars segment, specifically the new launches. The sale of the passenger cars in October 2015 were higher by 15% at 11,049 nos., compared to 9,594 nos., in October 2014. UV sales declined by 9% at 1,749 nos., in October 2015.
Cumulative sales of all passenger vehicles in the domestic market for the fiscal are 77,804 nos., higher by 14% over last year.
In commercial vehicles, M&HCV sales continued to grow at 12,504 nos., higher by 20%, over October 2014. The Light & Small Commercial Vehicle sales however continued to reflect industry decline and were at 13,615 nos., a decline of 19% over October 2014. These impacted the overall commercial vehicles sales for Tata Motors in the domestic market that were at 26,119 nos. in October 2015, a decline of 4% over October 2014.
Cumulative sales of commercial vehicles in the domestic market for the fiscal was 175,480 nos., lower by 4% over last year. Cumulative LCV sales was 90,819 nos., a decline of 22% over last year, while M&HCV sales at 84,661 nos., were higher by 26%, over last year.
The company’s sales from exports were 4,569 nos., in October 2015, higher by 13% compared to 4,059 vehicles in October 2014. The cumulative sales from exports for the fiscal at 32,771 nos., were higher by 15%, over 28,375 nos., sold last year.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Sign me up for the newsletter!
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
‘Good for Sports, Good for India’ – GamePlan 2020, India’s Annual Fantasy Sports Conference goes Virtual
With India Unlock 2.0, Honda 2Wheeler India retails nearly 3 lac units in June’20
CM Ashok Gehlot to ensure doing business gets easier in Rajasthan
The best of LaLiga players and clubs on social media
Your Solepreneur Branding Must-Haves
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)