Mumbai: Rally legend Gaurav Gill of Team Mahindra Adventure sealed his fifth MRF-FMSCI Indian National Rally Championship title with victory in the 43rd K-1000 Rally in Bangalore on Sunday, January 21, 2018.
Gill, also a three-time winner of the Asia Pacific Rally Championship, and co-driver Musa Sherif dominated the event in their XUV 500, remaining unbeaten across each of the five special stages, with an overall time of 55 minutes, 41.6 seconds.
Meanwhile Team Mahindra Adventure also clinched the ‘Constructor’s Trophy’ for the 2017 INRC season.
Gill’s margin of superiority over the competition in the K-1000 was perhaps fitting, given that he has won every round of the INRC this year, with the exception of the Rally of Chikmagalur, which clashed with a round of the APRC.
It also allowed him to cement his place as the Indian National Rally Champion ahead of Dean Mascarenhas.
MRF FMSCI INRC 2017 Championship
· INRC Drivers: Team Mahindra Adventure 1. Gaurav Gill (100 points) & Musa Sherif (110); 2. Dean Mascarenhas (67) & Shruptha Padival (69); 3. Karna Kadur (58) & Nikhil Vittal Pai (58).
· INRC 2 Drivers: 1. Rahul Kanthraj & Vivek Y Bhatt (97) 2. Karna Kadur & Nikhil Vittal Pai (75); 3. Younus Ilyas & Harish K.N. (58)
· INRC 3 Drivers: 1. Dean Mascarenhas (115) & Shruptha Padival (118); 2. Saddam Ali Sheikh (54); 3. Daraius N Shroff (51)
· **Co-drivers Nitin Jacob (54) and Mrinmoy Saha (53) took the second and third places in this category.
· FMSCI 2WD Cup: 1. Chetan Shivram & Rupesh Koley (75); 2. Fabid Ahmer & Sanath G (61); 3. Suraj Thomas (48)
· **Co-drivers Suraj M (66) and Thomas Paul 33 took the second and third places.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Sign me up for the newsletter!
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Coro delighted to be back as FC Goa start pre-season
Whirling Mandala – a workshop by Zia Nath
Canadian International School celebrates Onam with students & teachers from 40 different nationalities
Amway India’s ‘Power of 5’ program creates remarkable positive impact on the state of malnourished children
Mahindra partners with Salesforce to drive first of its kind digital transformation in customer experience
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)