As more people are becoming energy conscious and doing their bit to reduce their carbon footprint it is no big surprise that solar energy is growing in popularity. One of the easiest methods of saving energy at home is to use solar power. There are several steps an average person can take to reduce their energy consumption hence effectively reducing their bills and ensuring there is a lesser impact on the environment.
Installing solar panels as an alternative source of energy is highly effective. There are also industrial solar panels available for those who wish to implement them on a larger scale in commercial places.
Popular Methods of Saving Energy
- Ensure lights are off when they are not in use. This can be achieved by simply turning off lights when leaving the room. It is amazing how much energy is wasted if room lights are left on even though it is not in use.
- One of the other popular techniques of conserving energy is to use more energy-efficient bulbs. This type of bulb consumes less electricity. For example, LED bulbs may be of lesser wattage but are comparatively brighter and also last much longer.
- More people use electronic devices daily. A great deal of energy is wasted due to these devices since they are often left on charging ports even after they are fully charged. Switching off electronic devices after use can help save a great deal of energy.
- Cleaning electronic devices regularly and taking advantage of lower power modes and sleep modes of such devices will ensure you consume less electricity.
- Installing solar panels is one of the most effective methods of achieving both. Homeowners can reduce their energy bills (making it as good as nill) and at the same time ensure they are doing their bit to save the environment.
How Solar Energy Works?
Solar energy implementation is a common sight on many roofs around many cities in India and the world over for that matter. The obvious question many people are likely to have is what solar energy is and how do they work. The main concept of solar energy is taking energy from the sun and harnessing it to produce electricity.
The way this works is the solar panels are strategically placed such that they are exposed to the sunlight and that there are no obstructions like trees or other buildings. It is ideally placed on rooftops. Sunlight falls on solar panels that consist of a large number of photovoltaic cells which help convert the energy into electricity. It generates DC electricity, which is later converted to AC with the help of an inverter. Solar power can be utilized in many different methods by using solar panels to generate electricity or use solar power for solar water heaters in Ahmedabad.
Is Implementing Solar Power Worth the Cost?
Opting for solar power as an alternative to traditional energy sources is a good idea, however, it does require an initial investment. This is one of the main reasons many people hesitate before investing. Captain Green Solar Panels Sydney reminds us that the important factor to consider is that, although there is an initial investment, installing solar panels means you will have reduced or no electric bills, thus ensuring you save money in the long run.
Here are several steps one can take to assess if it is worth investing in solar panels:
- Review your existing energy bill to start with; one of the basic concepts about solar energy is that the higher your electric bill is the higher is the benefit of investing in solar power.
- Perform a feasibility test to check if there is sufficient sunlight exposure in the space where you plan to install the solar panels. Some of the common obstructions include highrise buildings and tall trees.
- Compare your monthly energy cost and estimate the number of solar panels and the size of the solar panels that you would require.