Festivals are an integral part of Indian culture as they signify happiness, positivity and new beginnings. Considered as the start of Hindu New Year, Gudi Padwa has always been looked upon as one of the auspicious days of the year, as it brings prosperity, happiness, and success into our homes. It is that time of the year again when culture will reflect not only from our gorgeous traditional attires but also from ethnic tones that our homes will adorn.
Peeyush Bachlaus, AVP – Marketing, Kansai Nerolac Paints Ltd lists a few valuable tips for re-inventing your home this festive season.
1. Accentuate your entrance- With the festivity of Gudi Padwa around the corner, it becomes extremely important to create a beautiful entrance that will enthrall the guests. This is the time when your relatives, friends, and families visit your home to exchange love and good wishes. One must pick the wall that is right in front of the entrance and choose a colour shade that makes it stand out. Select striking and darker colour shades like maroon, orange and yellow for this one wall to form a contrast with the adjoining walls.
2. Create Textured Masterpieces- If you want to add a dash of elegance to your space, textured walls are the perfect way to do it. The use of the right set of house paints with artistic patterns on walls, in your bedroom and living room will give an elegant and classy look. Covering all four walls with patterns can look slightly overwhelming. Therefore, pick one wall and convert it into an accent wall with patterns like velvets, denim, mesh, ombre, or other creative wall textures.
3. Spice Up the Walls- Add a dash of quirkiness and vibrancy to your plain walls with decorative designs and artwork. Wallpapers and wall decals are cheaper options, which will enhance the wall and make it look chic and festive. You can opt for traditional motifs and patterns. Try different designs, colours, and sizes in various rooms, so that wherever you go, you feel the dash of design in your home.
4. Get inspired by farmers- As Gudi Padwa is a festival of harvest, you can feel a little closer to the spring farm life by choosing the shades of crops farmers’ harvest. You can keep your home subtle yet elegant with neutral texture paint shades that are inspired by the brownish-beige tinges of rice, wheat, rye, and barley bran. You can pick hues of off-whites, beiges, and browns as per your preference. The palette that brings this trend to life is characterized by organic textures, powdered neutrals, and mid-tone materials. The use of darker backdrops make this theme simultaneously understated and elegant.
5. Repaint your house with rich colours- Festival is all about vibrant colours, and the best way to bring the season indoors is by picking vivid house paint colours. Think of enhancing your home with different colours for your living room, drawing room, bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom. Dress up your living room walls with the sunny colours of harvest as this is the place where guests will spend most of their time. Let your bedroom walls be covered with colors inspired by the traditional colors of Indian spring celebrations like Blazing Blue, Botany or Kokam Red.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Sign me up for the newsletter!
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
UK Government announces £10 million for small businesses to kickstart tourism
Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance launches Child’s Future Assured Plan
Andy Edwards appointed Springboks new Head of Athletic Performance
Sonalika records 55% growth in domestic volume in June’20. Outpaces industry growth at 23%
Liberty General Insurance Introduces ‘Liberty Assure’ –
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)