London: Three 12-year-old girls were rushed to hospital on Sunday in Manchester after they took ecstasy pills.
They are thought to be among the youngest ever to be made dangerously ill by swallowing social drugs.
Greater Manchester Police said two were seriously ill and the third was under observation in hospital.
The incident came just weeks after teenager Faye Allen, 17, from nearby Liverpool, died after taking an ecstasy pill at a dance event in Manchester.
Police were alerted to a shopping precinct late on Saturday night after reports that the 12-year-olds had become ill after taking the drug known as “teddy tablets”.
Paramedic crews rushed the three girls to hospital in the city as police launched an inquiry to establish who supplied the potentially lethal class-A drugs to the schoolgirls.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Sign me up for the newsletter!
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Alliance Air flagged-off its daily direct Ahmedabad–Kandla-Ahmedabad flight yesterday under UDAN-RCS
Drive home an ISUZU utility vehicle before 2020 to enjoy the 2019 price benefits
CII Water Conclave – ‘Maharashtra Water: Moving towards a Water Secure &Water Smart Future’
RCBC Bankard, Inspiro and Verint Lead the Way in Customer Experience with Innovative Voice Biometrics
Immigration Advocacy Initiative – L. I. F. E 19, National convention of Federation of Malayalee Association of America launched!
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)