London: Three 12-year-old girls were rushed to hospital on Sunday in Manchester after they took ecstasy pills.
They are thought to be among the youngest ever to be made dangerously ill by swallowing social drugs.
Greater Manchester Police said two were seriously ill and the third was under observation in hospital.
The incident came just weeks after teenager Faye Allen, 17, from nearby Liverpool, died after taking an ecstasy pill at a dance event in Manchester.
Police were alerted to a shopping precinct late on Saturday night after reports that the 12-year-olds had become ill after taking the drug known as “teddy tablets”.
Paramedic crews rushed the three girls to hospital in the city as police launched an inquiry to establish who supplied the potentially lethal class-A drugs to the schoolgirls.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Sign me up for the newsletter!
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Workshop on ‘Towards an Ecological landscape’ at BNCA
TiE Pune inks global partnership deal with Japan’s NTT DATA to source start-ups
Seniority encourages ‘Ageing with Independence’ to observe World Alzheimer’s Day
Buying a Water Filter Online!
Zendesk’s Double-Digit Growth in APAC Cements its Commitment to Developing Tech Talent Across the Region
2014 The Global Indian New Network (TGINN)