INDIA: Flipkart, India’s leading e-commerce marketplace, has announced the launch of its annual flagship event, The Big Billion Days (TBBD), which will take place from October 8 to October 15, with early access for Plus customers beginning on October 7. This year’s TBBD marks a milestone in Flipkart’s over 15-year journey and is a testament to the overall impact that Flipkart and its group companies have created in the ecosystem.
The mega carnival will usher in the country’s festive season, uniting millions of customers, sellers, MSMEs, and Kirana delivery partners across India under one platform. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and value creation at its core, this year’s TBBD will ignite the festive spirit with a wide array of exciting offerings and engagements.
The Big Billion Days has evolved into a grand festival that unites millions of people across India, transcending boundaries and backgrounds. The Big Billion Days stand testament to the power of e-commerce in driving inclusivity, enabling growth for the ecosystem at large, the opportunity for job creation that it presents, and delivering value to millions of customers.
- The Big Billion Days 2023 will be live for every shopper from 8 to 15 October, with early access for Plus customers on 7 October
- ‘Sale Price Live’ (SPL) kicked off the festive fervor on 27 September to help Flipkart marketplace sellers generate incremental sales, offering the best value to customers as a trailer to the Big Billion Days
- Flipkart kicks off the festive celebrations, bringing in lakhs of sellers, Kirana delivery partners, and MSMEs from across the country together for an inclusive festive season
- Over 1.4 million entrepreneurs, including Flipkart Samarth sellers, encompassing artisans, weavers, women, and self-help groups (SHGs), are set to participate in the Big Billion Days
- Never before deals on 500+ D2C brands across a range of categories
- ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, and Kotak Mahindra Bank to enable 10% instant savings to make shopping convenient for customers
- Through Flipkart Pay Later, customers can avail credit up to Rs 1 Lakh
- Personal loans of up to Rs 5 Lakhs at an interest rate of 12.5% per annum can be availed by customers from the Banking partners on the platform
- Continued investment to provide a safe shopping experience through the ‘Open box delivery’ on select high-value products
- ‘Lowest price lock’ feature allows customers to lock in the best deals in advance and avail great offers during BBD
- ‘Virtual try on’ and a new ‘Brand Mall’ experience to make shopping for fashion and lifestyle categories more exciting
- Access to cutting-edge technology and an immersive experience with unique affordability options for smartphones
- Flipkart VIP Subscription Program can be availed at a membership of Rs 499 to avail numerous rewards in select cities
- Wide range of deals and offers on products across group companies, including Flipkart Health+, Flipkart Wholesale and ClearTrip
- Flipkart Wholesale will bring forth unique offers for its kirana members while also strengthening its operations and value proposition
- Flipkart Home Services will be accessible at unique prices starting at Re.1/-
- New affordability paradigms such as No-Cost EMI and Pay Later available on ClearTrip
Speaking about the 10-year Big Billion Days milestone that has been consistently redefining the way India shops, Kalyan Krishnamurthy, CEO – Flipkart Group, said, “The Big Billion Days this year is a special one, not just for Flipkart, but for the entire ecosystem, as we step into this milestone 10th year. This growth story is one that transcends across our growing seller network, MSMEs, brands, kirana partners and Samarth programme – creating numerous jobs and promoting inclusion in the digital economy at large. Over the years, the Indian e-commerce industry has witnessed exponential growth, fueled by the country’s growing digital infrastructure. It gives us immense pride to play a pivotal role in India’s growth story while enabling digital commerce. The Big Billion Days has evolved into a grand festival that unites millions of people across India, transcending boundaries and backgrounds. The Big Billion Days stand testament to the power of e-commerce in driving inclusivity, enabling growth for the ecosystem at large, the opportunity for job creation that it presents and delivering value to millions of customers.”
Flipkart has introduced several path-breaking technologies to create an enhanced shopping experience, including generative AI-powered conversational assistant ‘Flippi,’ an interactive short-video browse experience ‘Vibes,’ and a one-to-one video assistance feature. The integration of augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) capabilities allows customers to visualize products in real-life settings for better purchase decisions.
Flipkart has onboarded an extensive seller network to enable access for all, surpassing a milestone of over 1.4 million sellers, with a 27% year-on-year growth in sellers. Innovative tech interventions, such as AI-powered cataloging, enhanced seller experience, streamlined onboarding process, simplified listing, and more, bolster Flipkart’s commitment to empowering Indian entrepreneurs and driving digital adoption.
Value and affordability pave the way to an elevated customer experience, with ICICI Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, and Axis Bank offering 10% instant savings on Credit Card, Debit Card, and EMI transactions. Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card offers customers 5% instant savings and 5% unlimited cashback on all festive season purchases. Assured savings on Paytm UPI and wallet, no-cost EMI facility for Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Cardholders, and credit and debit cards from leading banks for a wide range of products are also available.
Flipkart VIP Subscription Program will offer a host of differentiated features, including early access, 5% cashback on SuperCoins (up to 300) on all purchases, and an extra 5% savings using SuperCoins on all products. At an annual membership fee of Rs.499/-, members will get free same-day and next-day deliveries, instant customer support, and faster returns.
Flipkart Home Services will offer essential home services such as repair, installation, and maintenance at unbeatable prices starting at Re.1/- in select cities. Customers across metro cities will also get to enjoy the benefit of same-day doorstep mobile repair services provided by FHS.
The festive celebrations this year will be joined by some of India’s most-loved celebrities, including Amitabh Bachchan, Alia Bhatt, and Allu Arjun. Flipkart has created lakhs of jobs in the ecosystem while empowering generations of entrepreneurs and MSMEs. Flipkart is known for pioneering services such as Cash on Delivery, No Cost EMI, and Easy Returns, which are customer-centric innovations that have made online shopping more accessible and affordable for millions of Indians.